GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

james9120

Go Kart Champion
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...11&autoModClar=4-Door+With+Rubber+Valve+Stems
Those looks the same it seems other than no lettering and not having the 5 holes drilled out. I'm personally not a fan of the CH/CH-R because to me the spokes look tiny. Did some digging so the stock golf r wheels are 18x7.5 et51 so the 18x8 et50 would only move towards the outside a hair over a quarter of an inch.
Wow didn't know those wheels existed, literally the same exact wheel. And they are just the stock golf R wheels. Research shows they are 18x7.5 50et but can only find where one person mentions that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

epicgti

Ready to race!
A friend is trying to sell me wheels for a steal... but they're 18x10.5 +32

I'm pretty confident the rears will be fine but what about the front? (I'm bagged on airlift slam series) Is it possible to get enough camber in the front? Thanks in advance.

james9120

Go Kart Champion

I'm pretty confident the rears will be fine but what about the front? (I'm bagged on airlift slam series) Is it possible to get enough camber in the front? Thanks in advance.
For reference I use willtheyfit.com, and according to that website the wheels would stick out more than 2.2in further than factory wheels. Hopefully that helps. Just from research about my own wheels, 10.5in 32et is huge..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!

That's 9.5 et35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epicgti

Ready to race!
thanks for the help guys. I know it's wide but is it actually possible to fit in the front without totally destroying the fenders. would a roll and pull do the trick?

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
thanks for the help guys. I know it's wide but is it actually possible to fit in the front without totally destroying the fenders. would a roll and pull do the trick?

A roll and pull isn't going to give you enough. I rolled and pulled mine for 8.5s and still rub occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedymk6

If Im at 24.25" FTG right now with stock detroits and nero zeros and I want to run 18x8.5 et35 rotiforms with 205/40R18. I am going to roll my front fenders and I've already done screw mod can I fit those tires and wheels on a 3" drop to around 23.25" FTG? for Daily Driven static?

rzarektah

Ready to race!
Doubt a 10.5 on the front would ever be doable on a mk6 and look remotely ok.

Here's a pic of my fronts:
17x9et27, on coilovers. Fenders rolled and pulled slightly. Camber at -3ish

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Looking for thoughts on running some 18x8 et 41 with 235/40 tires on DG springs in regards to rubbing.

you will only rub on very hard turns in the back on the bumper tab. and up front on the fender screw.

other than that there shouldnt be a need to roll your fenders

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My mk6 is now sitting on h&r super sports will 18x8.5 et 35 fit?

what kind of tire..i had 235/45/18 on 18x8 et 45 and my fenders had to get pulled quite a bit...you'd probably need some absurdly unsafe size tire to get that to fit.

Roctre

Ready to race!
what kind of tire..i had 235/45/18 on 18x8 et 45 and my fenders had to get pulled quite a bit...you'd probably need some absurdly unsafe size tire to get that to fit.

Why did you get 235/45/18? Thats the wrong size and is super tall compaired to 225/40/18. Makes sense that you had to pull your fenders.