GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust install difficulties

yolotomasi

I'm hoping someone here has had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction as far as finding a replacement part or if it it's even worth my time to switch it. So, the problem:

I purchased an Arm motorsports downpipe, and several months later, a Cobb cat back exhaust for my 2013 GTI Mk6. When I finally had the resources to install the parts, I ended up with the issue in the attached pictures. I had no way of connecting the midpipe to the cat back exhaust. I emailed Arm motorsports, and they recommended installing the 3" to 2.5" reducers that came with both the downpipe and cat back and attach them with the factory 2.5" connector.

Will this affect performance and sound in any significant way, or is there a company that makes an approximately 8" length of 3" diameter pipe with a flange at one end to bridge the gap?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
yeah you're gonna need to use the OEM connection and reducers. Both those systems are designed to either work with their respective pieces or the OEM exhaust (hence why they come with the reducers.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
as far a 8 x 3 with a flange im sure you could take it to a muffler shop and they could make you a piece.

ahard48

Ready to race!
There wont be any bad effects in performance or sound. Any exhaust shop can do this for you no problem. Its just an inconvenience is all. Don't worry ha