GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

a bit disappointed with my R...

jumpman

Passed Driver's Ed
If he wins, its a given. If you win, its a bonus. 1 car length, take it! My stock R ran standing start with a Maserati GranTurismo and I pulled half a car length on it all the way. Add the price and paper specs differential and we have a winner!

PLAY_HRD

Passed Driver's Ed
I think it is far to say that a GTI or R is one really nice car, cost included or not. I've had someone say my interior looked nice enough to be in a Lexus. That's high praise! And with a simple Stage 1 tune both the GTI and R become very quick cars.

With that said, throwing in cost into a debate about cars is completely logical, but always leads back to the simple fact; People pay more for a BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin because they want all the things that come with owning a luxury brand. Like being able to own 1 of 740 cars sold in the USA, or 4 years / 50000 mile standard warranty, or being able to pick the color of your seats and interior trim, or ... list goes on and on. The point is, yes, money can make a GTI, Golf R, or Mustang crazy fast, but they will still not be a BMW, Porsche, or Aston Martin.

VWPDX

You will always have to pay to play. If your goal is to be faster than a M3, you probably need to go to stage 3. Even after the money is spent, you are still around $25k cheaper with a very comparable interior.

SworksR20

Passed Driver's Ed
not sure why I think it belongs here, but that srt8 looks like a neck breaker off the line

I traded my 2007 Jeep SRT8 for the R, best thing I ever did. It was neat until Chrysler's shit quality starts to show. The headliner looked like it was cut with a dull knife, the drivetrain was noisy and it would randomly shut off on me. Dealerships were horrid, they would blame me for all the trucks problems. The "leather" was peeling and cracking after a few years, it ate gas like it was free, overall just a horrible example of why Chrysler should have died many years ago.