GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Manual homie. It will need a transmission flush but that's later as well.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Hmm then just ask em lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I think I have it at home

MAGICGTI

Would any one care to explain why VW think they can charge me $500 for the 40k mile service? What comes with this that's so expensive. I know it comes with new spark plugs, oil change and they recommend brake pads. Anything else that's pricy? I'm gonna do the oil change and brake pads my self.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

LOL they said the same to me too at 40k on the manual 2.5. I didn't bother to ask what comes with that. Just bought a cabin filter for $15 on Amazon, oil change is $99 tops, perhaps a brake fluid flush for $150 or so? Engine air filter is what, another $15 and fifteen minutes?

markyfly

Would any one care to explain why VW think they can charge me $500 for the 40k mile service? What comes with this that's so expensive. I know it comes with new spark plugs, oil change and they recommend brake pads. Anything else that's pricy? I'm gonna do the oil change and brake pads my self.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

My dealer wanted $300 to make my one year old car's A/C not stink like dirty feet... Which included changing the cabin air filter and spraying some anti microbial solution into the ducting. Apparently they think they can charge anything for nothing. And I feel as tho most people are more than willing to pay for it... Especially when it comes to things like brake fluid flushes. Just sounds like a safe thing to change right? But I've driven cars for a decade without changing the fluid every two years and never had a caliper seize or a line rust through

TomCat1

Ready to race!
My dealer wanted $300 to make my one year old car's A/C not stink like dirty feet... Which included changing the cabin air filter and spraying some anti microbial solution into the ducting. Apparently they think they can charge anything for nothing. And I feel as tho most people are more than willing to pay for it... Especially when it comes to things like brake fluid flushes. Just sounds like a safe thing to change right? But I've driven cars for a decade without changing the fluid every two years and never had a caliper seize or a line rust through

Damn. I know exactly what anti microbial you are speaking of. I actually got that thing from my dealer for free. But they're ridiculous. I did my own oil change. I'll do the spark plugs In a few miles later.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

markyfly

Damn. I know exactly what anti microbial you are speaking of. I actually got that thing from my dealer for free. But they're ridiculous. I did my own oil change. I'll do the spark plugs In a few miles later.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Ya I was told that it used to be warranty but now Vw won't cover it. And the advisor told me I could speak with the service manager if I wasn't happy so I turned around to poke me head into his office to discuss the issue and he slammed the door on me. Funny part was that I called the next closest dealer to inquire about the service and they quoted me $99 compared to $300 at the first one. Guess where I will never go back for service.

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Ya I was told that it used to be warranty but now Vw won't cover it. And the advisor told me I could speak with the service manager if I wasn't happy so I turned around to poke me head into his office to discuss the issue and he slammed the door on me. Funny part was that I called the next closest dealer to inquire about the service and they quoted me $99 compared to $300 at the first one. Guess where I will never go back for service.

Damn. What an asshole. VW needs to get their employees in check

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Paul122157

What up people, I was wondering what are your opinions on this exhaust setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvmvKKDTIf0

I personally think it sounds amazing. Way better than any GTI I've heard on the Tube. If I had the funds I would go for something like this.
Well i would suggest the A.W.E. Cat Back for it, since, well I have it myself. The exhaust on the clip you have seems to be way too loud, while the A.W.E. is pretty quiet and can also roar when you want it to.

I uploaded a clip of it on you tube, check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aUTY62r-4g

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
The AWE does sound really nice. Going dual can end up being less than half the price tho. I would consider that

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
do it