GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
BBK and LSD is my vote. You can do plenty of damage with the stock turbo. Seat time, seat time, and seat time is your best and will always be the best mod you can do. Half the people you pass on the track are the people who bought expensive cars and don't know what the fuck they're doing. IMO drag strip is pointless in FWD hatch, but that's just me.

Im with you here on the drag strip part. Some people are into that. Not me so much.

Blah, there's too much useful knowledge going around in this thread. Why can't you guys just tell me to go K04???

Joking.... Maybe i'll look to do LSD next instead... then a BBK... then K04

Its not as sexy as going k04 by anymeans... but it makes a bigger difference for sure.

clownish

just clowning around
Should be easy to hit 12s with a k04. Although I did completely trash a set of Bilstien PSS9s doing too many passes with cold tires and too much wheel hop. Agree that dragging a FWD car is kinda useless. But it is fun, cheap and easy to do on a weekday evening. Especially around Ohio where you have 2-3 choices of where to go every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Should be easy to hit 12s with a k04. Although I did completely trash a set of Bilstien PSS9s doing too many passes with cold tires and too much wheel hop. Agree that dragging a FWD car is kinda useless. But it is fun, cheap and easy to do on a weekday evening. Especially around Ohio where you have 2-3 choices of where to go every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Anddddd that’s one of the many reasons why I dislike CT. Not a single drag strip. The closest one is in NY - Lebanon Valley. A 2-hour drive isn’t horrible but 30 minutes would be a hell of a lot better. Luckily we have a few race tracks though

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
My car still isn't ready. I had to sell a track day that a bunch of buddies and I were set to go to last weekend at Gingerman in MI.

Need to get your car together asap. missing precious track days. Last weekend was snow and ice so you probably didn't miss too much.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to take all your guys advice and invest in an LSD before K04. I'm thinking MFactory since the torsen style LSD's are all very similar in performance. From what I understand, the Wavetrac LSD is only better if you lift 1 front wheel off the ground.

I'm thinking LSD then K04 then BBK once I fry my brakes at a track event next year lol

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I think I'm going to take all your guys advice and invest in an LSD before K04. I'm thinking MFactory since the torsen style LSD's are all very similar in performance. From what I understand, the Wavetrac LSD is only better if you lift 1 front wheel off the ground.

I'm thinking LSD then K04 then BBK once I fry my brakes at a track event next year lol

You'll want the BBK before K04 IMO. I want the BBK for track days and I'm on stock turbo. Really need BBK if you want to do track days haha. At least that's been my experience.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
You'll want the BBK before K04 IMO. I want the BBK for track days and I'm on stock turbo. Really need BBK if you want to do track days haha. At least that's been my experience.

DAMN YOU

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My are holding up pretty well from I can tell. I did 6 back to back runs at the autox event and at the end of each 1 I have to slam on my brakes to stop in time. They did it with no complaints.

Does your friend have all the stock brake upgrades? Rotors, Pads, brake fluid, SS lines, stiffening kit? I definitely can see the stock brakes fading if driving very hard in a short amount of time though. They just haven't been an issue for me yet.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
My are holding up pretty well from I can tell. I did 6 back to back runs at the autox event and at the end of each 1 I have to slam on my brakes to stop in time. They did it with no complaints.

Does your friend have all the stock brake upgrades? Rotors, Pads, brake fluid, SS lines, stiffening kit? I definitely can see the stock brakes fading if driving very hard in a short amount of time though. They just haven't been an issue for me yet.

He had stoptech street pads, motul rbf600 and stoptech rotors

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

How fast were you going tho? lmao. Stock brakes are fine for autox imo. Trying carbotech pads for the track next weekend to see how they fair, but I know that BBK is due in time for me.

Stiffening kit does almost nothing for the stock brakes IIRC. I don't have stainless lines but not sure how huge of a difference that makes.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yea I doubt that the stiffening kit and SS lines do anything in terms of keeping the heat down for the stock brakes. Think they both are just more of a pedal feel difference.