GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ahard48

Ready to race!
think that's extended to 120k now...

Yea I have read everywhere that it is. I contacted VW of America and they took my VIN and told me. Then when I contacted my local dealership they said its not under any warranty...I was like no look again then they said 5yr/60k. The whole phone call put a bad taste in my mouth with them.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yea I have read everywhere that it is. I contacted VW of America and they took my VIN and told me. Then when I contacted my local dealership they said its not under any warranty...I was like no look again then they said 5yr/60k. The whole phone call put a bad taste in my mouth with them.

yeah if I was forced to do extra work without taking extra customer cash i'd be salty about it too. denial is the first step....

Phur

Autocross Champion
I really hate stealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Welcome. Search. Learn. Tell us your plans.

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Some of my plans for the car (things I can do now or soon vs future):
*upgrade lighting to LED/HID
*cold air intake (started that last night into early this morning. Have a few pics to post-more when the turbo pipe is installed)
*new cat-back exhaust
*window tint (5 and 20%)

Future plans:
*short throw shifter/shift boot
*upgraded clutch/flywheel
*tune
*upgraded intercooler
*tires/wheels (although I like the look of the stock wheels, they are a bit heavy and I would like something lighter)
*brakes/rotors, maybe calipers
*suspension upgrade (leaning toward coil overs but would consider airbags if the price was right)
*down-pipe

That’s all I got for now. I have to figure out how to downsize the photos I have since apparently there is a size limit for attachments.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
*cold air intake (started that last night into early this morning. Have a few pics to post-more when the turbo pipe is installed)
*new cat-back exhaust
*window tint (5 and 20%)

Future plans:
*tune
*upgraded intercooler
*tires/wheels (although I like the look of the stock wheels, they are a bit heavy and I would like something lighter)
*suspension upgrade (leaning toward coil overs but would consider airbags if the price was right)
*down-pipe

That’s all I got for now. I have to figure out how to downsize the photos I have since apparently there is a size limit for attachments.

Cool, man. lots of us on here use Imgur for photo sharing/posting. they have options that help resize things, etc... check that out.

Which tune were you thinking? if you're doing downpipe too then i'd offer the perspective that doing that first would allow you to jump into a stage 2 tune. you'd want an O2 spacer with your DP.

looking forward to seeing your build thread if you start one.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
*new cat-back exhaust
*window tint (5 and 20%)

Future plans:
*tune
*upgraded intercooler
*down-pipe

Add motor mounts to that list. Make a world of difference for wheel hop.

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed
Add motor mounts to that list. Make a world of difference for wheel hop.

Are motor mounts an easy diy? Do you need to lift the engine at all? Only asking because my other cars I could just swap it out in 5 mins with no jacking the engine or subframe.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Are motor mounts an easy diy? Do you need to lift the engine at all? Only asking because my other cars I could just swap it out in 5 mins with no jacking the engine or subframe.

Yes, they are easy to DIY

You don't need a engine lift, but at least a floor jack (and a block of wood on it or something) to support the engine & keep it in place when you remove the mount.
Just do one side at a time

93serprise

Ready to race!
Purchased a GTX3071R kit, ZZP Opel injectors, IE drop in rods, and a TTRS lpfp/PM3 kit......its go time :)

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yes, they are easy to DIY

You don't need a engine lift, but at least a floor jack (and a block of wood on it or something) to support the engine & keep it in place when you remove the mount.
Just do one side at a time

^this. Just make sure that when you go to install the mounts, the engine is level with the holes in the mounts. I almost stripped out the holes on the engine side of the mount because it wasn't level. Besides that, easy install.

93serprise

Ready to race!
On a side note, do I really need to buy the 999.00 Rod install kit to get these IE drop in rods installed? Thanks guys.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
On a side note, do I really need to buy the 999.00 Rod install kit to get these IE drop in rods installed? Thanks guys.

I'd ask that in the BT thread, more people in there are likely to have ripped their engines apart.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ordered an Osir spoiler! I also sent in my valentine 1 to be upgraded. Hopefully they do it for me. I'm not sure it even turns on anymore.

Last edited: