GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want a UK-spec GTI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Internet, I believe you can use that....most of these test standard are public domain information....and no one has obligation to search it for you....:rolleyes:

EPA has a emission testing lab in Ann Arbor also, you might ask there? lol....

Go look it up would have been a more useful answer than I've gotten from the fucktards with 'hurrr, imperial gallons' and 'buy a prius.'

cbursten

Banned
Go look it up would have been a more useful answer than I've gotten from the fucktards with 'hurrr, imperial gallons' and 'buy a prius.'

Or you could just do your own research and avoid sounding like more of a child with every post.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Do you think if you get a Canadian spec car you will get 23/35 MPG instead of 21/31 that we get? Because thats what the Canadian car is rated to as per Environment Canada. Same reason why different driver will have different MPG. Different test procedure will result in different measure also. Its not just speed, there can be engine loading condition, test loop contents....etc

Heck, Civic is rated 39MPG Highway in US, in Canada its rated 47MPG(5 l/100km)....

fnord

Do you think if you get a Canadian spec car you will get 23/35 MPG instead of 21/31 that we get? Because thats what the Canadian car is rated to as per Environment Canada. Same reason why different driver will have different MPG. Different test procedure will result in different measure also. Its not just speed, there can be engine loading condition, test loop contents....etc

Heck, Civic is rated 39MPG Highway in US, in Canada its rated 47MPG(5 l/100km)....

Suffice it to say that I found it incomprehensible that the US government would do something right for once.

cbursten

Banned
Why is Ohio filled with useless assholes like you? Is it the water?

Because we're smarter? Where's all the name calling for the Michigan residents who disagree with you?

Suffice it to say that I found it incomprehensible that the US government would do something right for once.

Where you fail is in the realization that the testing standards are different. You're obviously not open to anyone's opinion but yours. You have a bright future.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
They change standard over time also to adapt. The whole hybrid deal screwed up the testing procedure also. I think Canadians are also considering revising the test procedure to be more reflective to real world condition, as people are noticing more discrepancy between the government rating to real world mileage. Personally the MPG rating is only useful as a comparison measure as you can compare directly between 2 cars under same test standard. But that doesn't mean though you will get the same number as they do. Although EPA number is pretty much what I get with my car at the moment...

fnord

Because we're smarter?

Where you fail is in the realization that the testing standards are different. You're obviously not open to anyone's opinion but yours. You have a bright future.

No, you're an asshole, asshole. I help people in other forums with topics in which I have knowledge, and I don't do it like a complete cunt like you. Go fuck yourself.

I now see that the European cycle is quite different from the US standard. A simple answer of 'look at the differences in the testing cycles' would have sufficed. Instead, you opted for the course of being a complete knobgobbling shitfuck, and that, along with the 'hurrr imperial gallons' was completely useless.

fnord

They change standard over time also to adapt. The whole hybrid deal screwed up the testing procedure also. I think Canadians are also considering revising the test procedure to be more reflective to real world condition, as people are noticing more discrepancy between the government rating to real world mileage. Personally the MPG rating is only useful as a comparison measure as you can compare directly between 2 cars under same test standard. But that doesn't mean though you will get the same number as they do. Although EPA number is pretty much what I get with my car at the moment...

I've pretty much gotten very close to EPA numbers with my last vehicles. I expect the GTI to live up to them as well as soon as it warms up and the motor is broken in and winter gas goes away. I just found it difficult to believe that the Europeans, which have pretty strict consumer protection laws, much stricter than the US, would allow such ridiculously flawed numbers, especially in Germany itself.

Considering that people with tunes regularly report seeing a bump in MPG along with the bump in HP, I had to wonder if that might have something to do with it as well, as our cars have less HP than in the EU.

cbursten

Banned
No, you're an asshole, asshole. I help people in other forums with topics in which I have knowledge, and I don't do it like a complete cunt like you. Go fuck yourself.

I now see that the European cycle is quite different from the US standard. A simple answer of 'look at the differences in the testing cycles' would have sufficed. Instead, you opted for the course of being a complete knobgobbling shitfuck, and that, along with the 'hurrr imperial gallons' was completely useless.

I didn't mention imperial gallons in a single post here. I did however, mention the difference in testing cycles very very early in this thread. Thanks again for your constructive input.

fnord

I didn't mention imperial gallons in a single post here. I did however, mention the difference in testing cycles very very early in this thread. Thanks again for your constructive input.

Early, true, but only after making the Prius crack and comments about Ann Arbor, which is what makes you an asshole, isn't it?

Other idiots kept harping on about how I must not understand imperial gallons being larger.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Buy a Prius? **** a ****.

I'm asking why the rated numbers in Europe are higher than in America. Either the testing methodology in the UK and Germany is fatally flawed and no one ever sees numbers like that, or the difference in tuning is responsible, or there's some other difference.

What I get is 'buy a prius' and 'hurrrrr, I don't know how to convert UK MPG to US MPG so ur dumb.'

I'm fully capable of of making smart ass comments and using conversion factors.

Did you know what you bought when you bought it? Don't be mad, everyone in Ann Arbor still thinks you drive a fuel efficient automobile. Isn't that what counts up there?

:rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.