GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattling noise - driver side under dash

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
So I have no idea what this is, but over intermediate bumps on the road, I notice a loud rattle as if something is loose and hits plastic...I recently had a sub installed but this seems way too high in the dash to be do to cables etc. It is almost as if its coming from inside the vents...

ANY ideas would help, once I get my intake and take out my battery and what not, Ill have a deeper investigation!

TDI110

O_o
I've had what you're describing at some point during ownership. I never did figure out what the cause of it was. It did however, go away by itself just as mysteriously as it arrived.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Dude no way I have the same exact thing and just had a sub installed too!

Do you think it's the wiring? I taped up my boost gauge hose, wires, and anything that was loose. I even pulled my boost gauge and vent out to see if anything was rattling behind it.

Any updates?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Hyde, is there a way to get a picture of that so we know what we are looking for? I also have this issue.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately it's freezing in NJ and my winter wheels are on already.
If the sound is coming from your driver's side dash, jack up the driver's side front wheel, remove it and check all of the wheel well lining bolts to make sure they are all secured to the body. One bolt was out of the hole and since the wheel well plastic lining is flexible it would bang into the car (around the hole) and make the rattle.