GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

P

plac

So...if you have a K04 boner at 91 (or 93 octane for you luckier sob's) and you put 100 octane race gas into it...what happens to said boner? I dont wanna die.

it grows so tall it blocks the steering wheel spoke on a turn, and you die.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
im on the 100 oct program with 5 gal of 104... i need new jeans and i have a custom subroof now lol

allset

Go Kart Champion
anyone with a carbonio and apr ko4 notice the inhale whoosh get insanely loud; so loud at low rpm and boost so u cant hear the even hear the turbo spool?

Also, anyone notice at WOT a flutter sound from the carbonio also during inhale? Not the dv flutter when u let off the gas guick, this sound happens at the top of the pull, top of the gear at high boost. Almost like its struggling to breathe.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
Just got a ride in GlfSprtCT1's K04 GTI and let me just say Holy Sheet Balls. My little Stage 1 now feels slow :(

FML.

*cough* dont tell liz, go stg3 *cough*

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
She already told me she wouldn't ride with me anymore if I joined the boner club

excellent... less dead weight... more racekor. lol

CFG9000

Ready to race!
She already told me she wouldn't ride with me anymore if I joined the boner club

That just means you can take out the passenger seat. LESS WEIGHT MOAR RACECAR :bellyroll:

Edit: Didn't even read GlfSprtCT1's comment before posting...we have a hivemind of bad influences in this thread!

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
gapped and installed new plat ngk's. = misfires around 3k rpm. reinstall stock plugs = no problems at all. ????? :confused::iono:

P

plac

most of you K04 guys run some kind of intake.. you might take it out and see if you like the increased velocity. i can sense a tiny bit less rush with my pflo i think. ill be going back stock, which is always the tightest and crispest.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Logged my car today. Pulling like a freaking champ. I was worried about all this misfire talk and logged the counter for each cylinder. ZERO....I got one at low speeds but nothing I felt.

Boost pressure is the shiz and my N75 duty cycle looks great! More to come...

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
my twintake now whistles and howls at the same time with the bigger turbo. and no i don't think it's the ko4. i could still hear it, but the driver side is significantly louder that i have to turn the radio up more lol

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
my twintake now whistles and howls at the same time with the bigger turbo. and no i don't think it's the ko4. i could still hear it, but the driver side is significantly louder that i have to turn the radio up more lol

Characteristic of the Twintake. Its got the "goose honk" at WOT