GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I a poser....

simpleminded

Ready to race!
Gotcha! I'm fresh out of the Honda world and other Honda guys don't take kindly to switching parts to the top of the line models if you're not that model.

I like the R front end, looked for an R originally and settled with a GTI. Definitely planned on keeping the GTI badges though, and definitely didn't plan on telling people it's an R. Everyone knows already. Lol.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Plus golf r bumper is actually beneficial as u can get more air into engine vs gti bumper

Maybe. But most of that is blocked off, it just looks open down there.

Gotcha! I'm fresh out of the Honda world and other Honda guys don't take kindly to switching parts to the top of the line models if you're not that model.

Honda guys do that? Kinda lame. Anyway, if you like the R bumper, do eet! Now! Get to the choppa

I kind of like the GTI bumper...I mean it looks so wide to me, with that unbroken dark area, makes the whole car look wider.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Just do not badge it as an R. That is being a poser for sure.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Plenty of GTI's rock Euro Golf R LED's tail lights

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
What he said ^^

Its the same thing if you think about it. I like it, though I wouldn't do it to mine. Not being a poser at all

simpleminded

Ready to race!
Honda guys do that? Kinda lame.
My thoughts exactly.

I kind of like the GTI bumper...I mean it looks so wide to me, with that unbroken dark area, makes the whole car look wider.

There's something about the R bumper that does it for me. I think its the LED fog lights y'all have.

Feel free to trade me if you like it! LOL

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I had R32 skirts, rear bumper and R style exhaust on my MKV, and it made the car look ten times better. I only got guff for it once, from a MKIV R32 owner.
I don;t know why, as the car was still badged a GTI all around.
Do what you want OP, just don't try and fit a BMW grille to a Honda Odyssey.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I had R32 skirts, rear bumper and R style exhaust on my MKV, and it made the car look ten times better. I only got guff for it once, from a MKIV R32 owner.
I don;t know why, as the car was still badged a GTI all around.
Do what you want OP, just don't try and fit a BMW grille to a Honda Odyssey.

This. As an R owner, I think it's poserish:laugh:

JdR32

Over Engineering Rules!
Not poser just don't try to pass it off +1.
As for the R this may not be a popular opinion but I think the center exit exhaust looks cheese. Spoken as a former mkv r32 owner.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I'll be the voice of dissent.

I like the GolfR bumper on a GolfR, on anything else it's lame. Just like an Integra Type R bumper on a GSR or a M3 bumper on a 328 it just looks out of place. This isn't a trim option available from the dealer, they are different parts reserved for different car models. That said, if every other part of your car is modified putting a GolfR bumper would fit in just fine, but just throwing a GolfR bumper on a stock GTI body will look off.

Yes I think you'll be a poser, but you shouldn't care what other people think anyways.