GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory Build Codes

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
Does any know what the factory build codes are for VW? The codes represent the different stages of the build, Pre production, assemble, production, paint, dock, on the boat etc.. Porsche has a report called "Profoma" or something close to that. Its show the progress of the build and it uses 3-4 letter codes to show it progress.

I just placed my order for a 2011 CW GTI, Manual, Autobahn. I asked the dealer if they had a report like that, they are looking into it. Thought I would ask the forum, I'm sure someone has come across VW's version of the build tracking report.

550 Born

Last edited:

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
i would also like to know this! i put in my order for a 2011 UG manual autobahn around a month ago. :)

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
i would also like to know this! i put in my order for a 2011 UG manual autobahn around a month ago. :)

I found out there are no build codes, just staged events through the production. Just have your dealer send you the vehicle order form and it lists everything below with completion dates or exp completion dates.

Here are my milestone dates so far

Actual Production Week 04/25/2011
Ship Loaded 05/10/2011
Port Arrived 06/06/2011
Rel. to Carrier (Port) 06/15/2011
Dealer Delivered Week of 06/27/2011

550 Born

zee

Go Kart Champion
With the information that you posted, you can actually track the ship carrying your GTI while it goes across the Atlantic and get the vessel on Video going through the Panama Canal(since you are on the west coast) using their live camera. There is a thread here explaining how to do it. Maybe I can dig it up and put a sticky.

This was my build information.

Attachments

• Build info.JPG
    Build info.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 320

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
With the information that you posted, you can actually track the ship carrying your GTI while it goes across the Atlantic and get the vessel on Video going through the Panama Canal(since you are on the west coast) using their live camera. There is a thread here explaining how to do it. Maybe I can dig it up and put a sticky.

This was my build information.

Thanks bubuski ! That would be awesome, let me know if you can find that thread, I have tried the search but couldn't find it.

Thanks again,
550 Born