Passed Driver's Ed
had to remove the trans and install it by myself. redneck ingenuity :happyanim:

Attachments

• 2050313402916187211_x1200.jpg
    2050313402916187211_x1200.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 127

zrickety

The Fixer
Cool pic, looks like the engine support from Harbor Freight? I got the trans jack from them too, have used it a few times now, works great.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Passenger side is definitely not an issue on dsg. Mine is already out of the way and I have a strap on the engine to pull it forward enough to clear the subframe. I've heard of using the factory jack and using it to push the engine block away from the subframe but I don't like that idea as much. I'm going to have to buy a new axle bolt and 24mm 12point socket for the axle but oh well. Just add to the collection this car is making me buy
Just bought one this weekend...still didnt get nut off..impact, heat, 4ft breaker bar,pb, just wouldn't budge

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought one this weekend...still didnt get nut off..impact, heat, 4ft breaker bar,pb, just wouldn't budge

Really? Mine came off with a 2ft breaker bar. Just shoved a screwdriver in the rotor and Brooke the torque in the bolt.

I don't think pb blaster will make it back in there though because it's a bolt and likely hood of it making it around the head is small. Also I'd stray away from heat because your bearing is there. A trick I use is take a jack stand and raise it to the hight of the bolt, then put the 24mm socket on with a 6in extension and let the extension rest on the jack stand, then on the breaker bar, just stand in it.

Hope that helps

zrickety

The Fixer
I broke it loose with a 2 foot bar, 4 foot should have been easy. Wouldn't recommend a screwdriver in the rotor though, I had the wheel on the ground with the center cap removed.

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
Car was leaking from the vacuum pump too.

So I had a rear main seal go out (prolly miss diagnosed... FML), dsg filter housing crack, and now the vacuum pump. Tried to make a gasket but those things are hard af to put back together on the car and may have botched the gasket when trying to put it back together.

Really getting annoyed with the tsi

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Recently I used the axle bolts as an excuse to upgrade to a bigger impact. The full size Kobalt 24v 1/2" drive impact was on sale a few weeks ago. It's rated at 600 ft/lbs and even with that it took a few seconds to break the bolts free.