GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

May be moving to Europe, need help prepping my car

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone. I may be moving to Europe at some point soon and I want to take my GTI with me. I am just wondering what all I would need to modify to make my car legal there. So far I have already installed LED taillights, wired up the rear fog lamp and activated the ROW lighting mode along with the emergency brake light flashers and selective parking lamps in VCDS. I know headlight washers are also required there and my local VW dealer said they would install them for me. Also, My RNS-315 radio only receives odd frequencies, is there some coding in Vag-Com I can tweak to make it receive even ones too? Besides all that, is there anything else I would need to change?
Thanks for the help,
Zach

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
This link may be of interest, I’ve used this site as a reference when driving in other EU countries, I’ve not driven in Germany though!
Some parts will not apply to your car though as you are also left hand drive and won’t need some things mentioned, such as headlight beam deflectors (applies to RHD cars only)

I do know you need a warning triangle and high viz jacket/bib in the car throughout central Europe,

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/germany/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk