GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI K04 Upgrade, Uprated Actuator? Which One?

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
How will it result in a ruined engine exactly? Because ive had a machine shop weld a 2" pipe on my compressor housing.. Lol- listen to the bullshit!

Its safer than an APR/ Revo/ CTS/ whoever kit as i will have a CUSTOM map not a generic one like these kits have.

A few bucks? Its like nearly 1/3 of the price. If we were talking about a few $$$ i would buy the kit, but were talking about £1600 more ($2400!).

You guys obviously get paid too much, or melt credit cards far too easily.

Im outta here, this place is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66010

There now shut up about your life.
Dont come asking for help when your shit implodes on your $400 "custom" tune.

What software are they using to crack into your ECU to provide this custom map? I asked you this like 4 times and you never answered. Not once did i say APR was required you kept going to them for your defense. There is like 4 other companies i can think of off the top of my head that do k04 kits for the TSI. CTS sells a k04 kit with everything but a tune for like $1900 us.

Also $2400 is almost the cost of a APR k04 kit. Your getting ripped off for whoever you were sourcing APR from... even with exchange rates. Revo is a UK company im sure thier kits are cheaper in their home country.

and good luck on your build. Enjoy it.

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
This is what a saving of £1300 looks like:

APR V3 map due to nobody capable of mapping my TSI here in Scotland.

376bhp, 380lb/ft torque..

Looks like it does the same thing if not better than the £2600 kits sold here in the UK.

;)

valj

Ready to race!
I know that most tuners leave the stock actuator installed for most K04 setups. Etuners (a Greek custom tuner) tried producing custom maps with the Forge actuator with a yellow spring but eventually somethine went wrong and they just went silent on all forums for half a year.

Their K04 Seat Leon FR has its own page here:

https://www.drive.net/r/seat/676701/

He had a couple of spectacular wins against some serious competitors: Supercharged e92 M3 (500+ hp), bmw 6 series Alpina 4.4

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4VHICrcYtw

Eventually he removed the actuator and is currently tuned to 411 hp (331 whp) on WMI

Here is the graph:
https://www.drive.net/l/7627514/

He's running a stock intercooler, a full turboback exhaust, boost pipes and an APR carbonio intake, plus WMI

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Eh, you guys can do what you like, i couldnt care less how you burn your money. BUT, if i (and others who have) want to do it ourselves and not waste money on something i can do myself, then i should be able to post and get helpful advice, not get treated like a bitch because i never just went out and splashed out (wasted money) on a ready to go APR kit.

All these kits actually save you, is cutting and welding the turbo outlet, and sourcing a silicone hose to fit. Worth £1400 extra? I wouldnt say so!

Ive ordered the Forge boost pipe kit so both will be changed to big/ full diameter and with a bit luck the silicone pipe will work with K04 with the adaptor removed.

Hope you know how to clock the turbo inlet

dead_catz

Ready to race!
nice job OP, I'll apologize for the way lilspazone was acting dudes probably never changed his oil before

dude doesn't want to discuss that he wants to save money and you immediately threaten to troll all his posts? grow up

Last edited:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
376bhp, 380lb/ft torque..

Looks like it does the same thing if not better than the £2600 kits sold here in the UK.

;)

But but but it's not APR!

Good job dude. You set off to save money, and did so while making really great power. Fuck that APR fanboy.

Gaz-M

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, so there is some decent guys on here after all!

For the record, and for lilspaz to smoke on:

Total cost of turbo kit;

26k K04 Turbo: £350
Turbo mods @ fab shop: £40
Forge silicone hoses: £25
Unitronic DV relocate: £200
Bosch 3 bar map sens: £32

Total parts: £647
APR map: £600

Total: £1247

APR kit in UK cost: £2600

Total saving: £1353