GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Pro-Tune vrs Unitronic Stage 2 -- DYNO

Jaber

Modero
I'm sad... my hopes were crushed when Cobb says their tune does not support GLI models.. only GTI.

Said they'll look to support the GLI's in the future. Which essentially means, not interested.

That sucks... Would of been awesome to get Cobb for our GLI. There's a high chance my wife's GLI will get sold/traded in, in 2-3 years. Would be nice to get a tune in the meantime and be able to sell it once it's gone.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
They will support more in the future. They are just making a stand and the GTI is the VW go to. The R is more expensive and the GLI is more family oriented. The GTI is the "tuner" car of the VW world.

I would expect lots of maps and support by the end of next year.

mars2

Ready to race!
Stock is 350 ci iirc

So about the same as the audi A4 B8 that is 358Ci
So I think you should see same improvement as on A4 B8 if you move to some IC that is more than 800ci ( 13 liter) like apr for audi A4 B8 .
the Wagner one is 1050ci (17.25 Liter)! Almost 3 time the oem!

FriggenT1

Banned
So about the same as the audi A4 B8 that is 358Ci
So I think you should see same improvement as on A4 B8 if you move to some IC that is more than 800ci ( 13 liter) like apr for audi A4 B8 .
the Wagner one is 1050ci (17.25 Liter)! Almost 3 time the oem!

I know, I have the Wagner :thumbsup:

mars2

Ready to race!
Their one thing I don't understand with the belief that you only need a better intercooler for bigger turbo than K03 (starting at the K04).

Bigger turbo will heat less the air at same boost pressure than smaller turbo, isn't it. Also on a stage 2 with the KO3 blowing almost 80% more pressure you are at the edge of what the KO3 can deliver so it should have very hot air coming out. OEM iC was not thought for that kind of heat.
Plus as you are at the edge of what that turbo can deliver and then each PSI rubbed by the intercooler is good to get back.

So I would almost say that you need more a better intercooler than OEM that have minimale pressure loss a great cooling with a K03. But you will need a tuned to get the advantage of it.

for those who worry of lag try to think how many liter of air an engine of 2liter at 1bar of pressure at 3000rpm/mn is moving and how litle compare to that is a 10 liter increase of volume capacity in the intercooler.
I'm much more worry of pressure drop in the intercooler and at each bend of the pressure hose. for sure you will not see it because the ECU with N75 and wastage will compensate as much as they can but in a result of hotter air.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
I am definitely at the point where my ihi stock turbo needs an aftermarket intercooler.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
are asking for a Protuner that can tine big turbo?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'll buy the Cobb Accessport and license. Then go to my COBB pro-tuner to tune my APR Stage 3 kit.

Can they do it? The OTS maps on the COBB site don't have anything listed for big turbo.

The Great NY

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I'll buy the Cobb Accessport and license. Then go to my COBB pro-tuner to tune my APR Stage 3 kit.

Can they do it? The OTS maps on the COBB site don't have anything listed for big turbo.
there is no OTS for big turbo. I'm going to be tuning a guy with K04 near me. also looking for someone with the F23t and whatever else is common on these cars to kinda make an OTS type tune available.

if they know what they are doing you should be fine with a Protune.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk