GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LPFP; looking for Max pressures tested for 1K0-919-051-AP and 1K-919-051-DB

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
OK...looking for any help for my MK5; Not really looking for pressure production as in the title, but more so the volume ratio E.g. L/hr. I want to get a new oem LPFP to install while I rebuild my current one. I enter my VIN on VW's site and it shows the -AP is for my car...however, on ECS's site it says the -DB for the MK6 also fits. So I go back to VW's site and enter the part no. for the rev-DB and then VW's site says the -DB fits also. I assume this is correct and that the MK6's rev.-DB is the latter revision. But I cannot find if there is a difference in their volume production and is one greater than the other.

As it will be a spare...I just would like to know if one will produce better volume given I also have the Torqbyte PM3 so the Amps supplied will be near doubled and if one LPFP out performs the other...I would sort of like to know. Not all that important as it is going to be a spare while I attempt to swap my TTRS pump into my oem basket. I have the TTRS removed from its basket and will need the spare in case I F'it all up while attempting the "TTRS pump into the oem basket" conversion.

Anyone know of someone that has tested the output of both these revisions? I have read on a thread your MK6's also have the same 6.6 bar regulation built into the filter.

Back story; I bought the TTRS lpfp years ago but it really didn't outperform the oem stock lpfp and would also drop below the minimum 4 bar in the upper revs. I replaced the control module with the one Torqbyte suggested so to work with the PM3 when I got it installed but still the pressure dropped below 4 bar. I got the PM3 installed and at the same time I reinstalled the original oem lpfp so to see what difference the PM3 would be...and the pressure would stay above 4 bar now having more amps supplied. Well, since I didn't like the fact the TTRS didn't give accurate fuel level readings on the fuel gauge...I had an idea and decided to leave in the old oem stock lpfp until it shows itself dying more and drops below 4 bar again at which time I would swap the TTRS pump into the original OEM basket for better fuel level to show on the gauge. That time has come and I want the new lpfp just so if I mess up the conversion it buys time to correct my F'up.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
Thanks. Yeah, I could do that, but I have removed it from the TTRS basket because I already decided to make the attempt at converting it into the oem basket...as a project more than correct fuel gauge readings although gauge accuracy was a small factor in the decision.

I know the TTRS pump will pump more with my PM3 supplying more than double the amps and I even have plans to probably try the DW65v replacement/conversion. Doing this just to test data myself with both those replacement pumps combined with the PM3 and a higher supply of electricity from the PM3.

So, I am really just inquiring if anyone knows what the volume output ratio, or L/hr, is for the MK6 oem LPFP pn; 1K-919-051-DB ...or the comparison of it to the other pn; 1K0-919-051-AP ...and I probably wrote too much in the first post. As the next spare LPFP will be used from time to time, I hoped to find out if there is a performance diff between those two particularly in the Title.

Last edited: