GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I had to modify my coding to get my rear fog to work and now my headlights don't work right. When I release the e-brake, the DRLs come on as they should, but when I turn the euro switch to the middle (parking lights?) the DRLs dont change, they stay bright and the one inner LED doesn't come on. Even when I turn on the actual HIDs the DRLs stay bright and the inner LED stays off. Haven't messed around with it too much but if you have to code for anything other than the headlights they may be a bit finnicky

Did you install the trigger wire with your Euro switch? Disable DRLs?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did you install the trigger wire with your Euro switch? Disable DRLs?

Installed the trigger wire. Didnt mess with coding too much since it doesn't really bother me, was just giving a warning of what to possibly expect if installing with a rear fog setup.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
smanierre where'd you order them?

I ordered them directly from Frederick at Osram when they had a good deal on them a few months ago. Not sure if that's still going on, I don't think so though.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I ordered them directly from Frederick at Osram when they had a good deal on them a few months ago. Not sure if that's still going on, I don't think so though.

Same here

The price I paid is less than what you'll pay domestically.

cchase__

Ready to race!
I see them on light is transformation for $850 but idk if there is an option for oem xenons. Lol It's dumb that they set it up for halogens only. They could've made it for the xenons and had people buy the adapter that is so widely available

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I see them on light is transformation for $850 but idk if there is an option for oem xenons. Lol It's dumb that they set it up for halogens only. They could've made it for the xenons and had people buy the adapter that is so widely available

ok so if i have xenons now will these not work?

cchase__

Ready to race!
Idk try it. smanierre said they figured it out on xenons but he's got halogens so idk. That's why you don't see golf Rs with the osrams

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
ok so if i have xenons now will these not work?

When you emailed Frederick did you specify you had xenons? This is what he said in the email to me:

To create the invoice – we will need the following information:

· Full Name

· Address

· Postcode

· City of residence and State

· Telephone

· What kind of headlight you would like to purchase (Black, Chrome, GTI)

· What kind of headlights you have assembled at this time (Xenon/Halogen)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
When you emailed Frederick did you specify you had xenons? This is what he said in the email to me:

To create the invoice – we will need the following information:

· Full Name

· Address

· Postcode

· City of residence and State

· Telephone

· What kind of headlight you would like to purchase (Black, Chrome, GTI)

· What kind of headlights you have assembled at this time (Xenon/Halogen)

Negative - my inquiry was directed to the website.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Negative - my inquiry was directed to the website.

Hmmmmmm, well My guess would be it's just the connectors that are different, if they don't fit maybe you can just be sent adapters for that from them

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Show the Xenarcs [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to see them but thats the best pic I got of them. After doing the coding I can't get mine like that. Although you've inspired me to try all the different options this weekend cuz fuck, I forgot how good they look like that.