GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #15
GhostGTI
Autocross Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI = Garbage
For a GTI with bolt ons No. For a very expensive car with a serious build yes. Go fo agreed value with Hagerty and other well known enthusiast companies, never trust regular joe insurance companies such as Geico, Travellers, Allstate etc. They don't give two shits about you or your car/parts.
GhostGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #16
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGTI View Post
For a GTI with bolt ons No. For a very expensive car with a serious build yes. Go fo agreed value with Hagerty and other well known enthusiast companies, never trust regular joe insurance companies such as Geico, Travellers, Allstate etc. They don't give two shits about you or your car/parts.
Really? I can't imagine that they would give you much sh!t if you are paying extra $$$ per month for that reason. It's almost like an extended warranty.

Progressive was awesome when the wife had an accident in the past, but obviously I have no clue how they would handle the inclusion of mods.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:13 AM   #17
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
I use Esurance and can pick the level of $'s to be covered for aftermarket parts. They couldn't really give me a good answer how they would come up with a price if the car was totaled but it seems like as long as you had receipts/records it would be ok.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #18
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcyberbob View Post
I use Esurance and can pick the level of $'s to be covered for aftermarket parts. They couldn't really give me a good answer how they would come up with a price if the car was totaled but it seems like as long as you had receipts/records it would be ok.
That's my thing. How can they properly value the parts and factor in the depreciation of what they are worth at the time of an accident? I would imagine this adds more work on them and potential to get themselves ripped off practically, but I'm sure they will give the least amount of what you show them to prevent you getting back your entire money's worth of what you paid on everything.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote