GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member, and soon..new purchase

Invader83

Hello all,

names Jason and I'm hoping to pick up a GTI by the end of the month.

It will be my 1st brand new car, also my 1st non-american car as well.

Anyways, pretty excited..the model I want just arrived at customs..so I'm trying to finish up the pricing with the dealership.
They say they can't match the deal. Not too sure on if they are just being cheap *lol* or if it seriously is a great deal.

It's a white 4door/6speed manual/sun-convenience package car.

Dealer says the MSRP was just under $28k, and they offered it at $25,7xx + TTL.

I've already priced shopped the other local VW dealerships, as well as a few in neighboring cities.

What are these vehicles really worth? aka invoice
Better question, what are the odds the dealer will WANT to come down to make a sale. I'm not afraid to walk out, at the same time I really want the car..haha

Any advice and whatnot would be greatly appreciated.

:cool:

edit: it's a 2013 if that matters. pretty sure all the 12's are gone.

raaalph

Ready to race!
Which dealership are you at? Archer made me a pretty good deal on mine (~$3k off sticker). I went through the internet sales manager...think his name was Matthew

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
$3000 off sticker is a place a lot of people like to be. doesnt sound like you are quite there yet. make them sweat a while.

raaalph

Ready to race!
$3000 off sticker is a place a lot of people like to be. doesnt sound like you are quite there yet. make them sweat a while.

:word:

They denied my initial offer, I told them thanks for your time. Eventually, the guy contacted me and said he'd "spoken with his manager" and could accept my offer.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i think i only got $2000 off MSRP on mine a long time ago. Something like $31,800 for $29,800. but it was the 4 door autobahn dsg a lot of people wanted and i bought it the day it rolled off the delivery truck.

Invader83

Which dealership are you at? Archer made me a pretty good deal on mine (~$3k off sticker). I went through the internet sales manager...think his name was Matthew

lol, ironically..I'm talking to Matt at that dealership.

I've never bought a new car, so I'm not sure how to attack this.
Should I email him back now with an offer or wait till the day of purchase get's closer?

He's going to email me the window sticker as soon as it's in their system.

edit: I added the *couldnt match pricing* in the wrong spot, should be where I mentioned other dealerships.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
lol, ironically..I'm talking to Matt at that dealership.

I've never bought a new car, so I'm not sure how to attack this.
Should I email him back now with an offer or wait till the day of purchase get's closer?

He's going to email me the window sticker as soon as it's in their system.

don't email him anything until he contacts you. or he'll know how desperate you are.

Invader83

I understand there is a balance. I just hope it goes well. Supposedly, according to Archer and the other dealers..this car coming to Archer is the only one spec'd and colored the way I want it.

I tried truecar.com and it put the pricing above what they offered me.

jni3

Ready to race!
hitup truecar.com for some pricing data.

Agree use truecar to get an idea of pricing. But don't use that figure to negotiate. You can always get a car below that price.