GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

xytbyk's GTI and TDI (but mostly GTI)

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Just came across this build thread...your car is sex :thumbsup: i look at your list of mods and think "man, thats a lot of money!" lol

Also, you should get cherry red LED tails

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
Just came across this build thread...your car is sex :thumbsup: i look at your list of mods and think "man, thats a lot of money!" lol

Also, you should get cherry red LED tails

Ha. Thanks! Tails are in the cards, but probably not quite yet. Need to finish up some drive train stuff, and the TDI deserves some attention too. Then I'm all over some cherry red tails.

I'm way behind updating this thread, but it's mostly some minor suspension stuff.

While I'm here, for anybody in metro-LA region, come out to the Last Sunday canyon run in December! krz_hayn (check out his build thread) organizes something awesome every month. Low and slow, OEM+, dumb fast; we love everybody (even bimmers)!

More of speed927's pics from last month's cruise:
http://www.eurocarnews.com/0/0/2462/0/so-cal-canyon-runmeet-upcruisephotoshoot-part-11.html

And the sign-up for December:
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49802

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
I got sentimental this morning as I was getting ready to turn over the GTI to CarMax. Then I got in the car and the battery was dead as a door nail. It had been weak cranking recently, but I basically stopped driving it two months ago except to charge the battery, or so I thought. It makes sense.

Dropped it off at the dealer down the street and learned the battery's warranty expired almost a year ago. So, the car is going out with a fight. I respect that.

EDIT: Quoted $250 for a replacement from Santa Monica VW. Lulz.
$120 whatever brand battery at Firestone, here we come.

GHOST POST!

Sold the GTI, bought a '13 Apex Silver Evo X MR

So far, mods are...
Cosworth panel filter
Cobb 3-port
MAP UICP
AMS boost pill
Dyno tuned by bakaunchi (265/283 on mustang 4-wheel dyno -- normalized to 318/340 Dynojet equivalent, supposedly)

Last edited:

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
did you demod the gti before you sold it??

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Yep. Everything but the intercooler. All I have left are the wheels and DV.

Ok. Sorry skipped to the end and saw the Evo and Carmax and got confused. Congrats on the purchase.