GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you think of this pulley ?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
OP has a 2.5 golf, that won't fit.

Unfortunately they don't make a fluidampr for the 2.5. Honestly those lightweight pulleys do more harm than good. If they ever come out with a fluidampr for your car get that, but if not then just use your oem pulley.

The link he posted from ecs says its for a 2.5?

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
OP has a 2.5 golf, that won't fit.

Unfortunately they don't make a fluidampr for the 2.5. Honestly those lightweight pulleys do more harm than good. If they ever come out with a fluidampr for your car get that, but if not then just use your oem pulley.

oh ya my bad. Listen to Jay

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
I would consider a lighter pulley but not an under-driving one.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
True that. They arent the same thing posted in op and the fluid damper?

The fluidampr is actually heavier than an OEM pulley and filled with silicone. It's purpose is to balance out the harmonics of the engine, makes things feel smoother and you free up some extra power because of it. It's also the same diameter as the OEM pulley.

An underdrive pulley is a smaller lightweight pulley. You have less rotational mass and its a lighter weight. I think different motors respond to these types of pulleys differently, but if I remember right they can actually mess up the motors harmonic balance and add extra wear to the car.

A fluidampr absorbs unwanted vibrations, but an underdrive pulley will likely do the opposite.