GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U.S.Spec GTI Pics

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
hey redcoat, do you have any pics of the seats? I heard we do not get the good cloth seats that Europe gets?

Cigar

Passed Driver's Ed
Was that test car gray or black? My eyes can't discern which color it is. Also did that car have navigation or is the stock radio have that large a screen?

zee

Go Kart Champion
Was that test car gray or black? My eyes can't discern which color it is. Also did that car have navigation or is the stock radio have that large a screen?

The color of the car is Carbon Steel Metallic. Not quite Black, but a lot darker than United Grey. A new color for the GTI here.

The GTI comes standard with a large touchscreen headunit. The one pictured above by Redcoat is the navigation unit, but the standard unit looks identical and has 6 buttons instead of 8 buttons.

Standard radio - Premium 8 - RCD 510
Upgrade radio - Navigation - RNS 510.

Here is a picture of the standard radio, but note that it the buttons might be labelled sightly different for our market.

zee

Go Kart Champion

I have not noticed the indent around the a/c controls before.

Redcoat

Passed Driver's Ed
Bubuski is correct. It was Carbon steel metallic and was fully loaded with the nav system. The new touchscreen audio systems are very nice and user friendly and all come equipped with the SD card slot. The seats were in leather, but from what I can tell from the 2010 GTI brochure the cloth ones don't look so bad...