GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

goose1

Ready to race!
If you could vagcom it out, like vw2.0gti said he was able to get it coded out via Eurodyne. Had some back and forth emails with COB. tuners and they say they can delete it as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
If you could vagcom it out, like vw2.0gti said he was able to get it coded out via Eurodyne. Had some back and forth emails with COB. tuners and they say they can delete it as well.

I can verify. Mine was coded out with Eurodyne as well when the Tyrol Radiator was installed.

goose1

Ready to race!
Nope, codes back again. Ah well at ly inspection isn't up for another year and I was gonna switch to a Stratified tune this summer anyways.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
So there is or isn't a VAGCOM solution for this? I just want to burn this sensor and forget about it. Comes back every other day for me with stock setup, CBFA, 2012, 65k miles.

goose1

Ready to race!
Maybe if you know the security codes for the modules

artemk93

Ready to race!
Took the car to the dealer today, was told that they can't cover it under warranty since I am tuned. But should try to contact VW customer care. Customer care told me that radiator and ozone sensor is not covered under powertrain or emission warranty. Probably will install a new radiator myself. Or search on how to disable it through vag com. Are there tuners besides eurodyne who can do it? Cobb?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Took the car to the dealer today, was told that they can't cover it under warranty since I am tuned. But should try to contact VW customer care. Customer care told me that radiator and ozone sensor is not covered under powertrain or emission warranty. Probably will install a new radiator myself. Or search on how to disable it through vag com. Are there tuners besides eurodyne who can do it? Cobb?

How many miles on your car? Interesting VW customer care told you the ozone sensor on the radiator is not covered under emissions warranty. There is information online stating the opposite but only up to ~110K miles, if I can find it I will share the info with you (for all I know it is in this thread).

In fact, I am addressing my sensor repair tomorrow and I was told it is covered, but I'm only at 53K miles.

Assuming you are not over the mileage, I would suggest finding said information in writing and emailing VWOA asking to confirm (maybe the person you talked to was confused).

artemk93

Ready to race!
I am at 57k, both powertrain and emission warranties would be still valid. Maybe the rep was confused or simply didn't know what he was talking about. I will try contact them again tomorrow.
The dealership told me that it should be covered, but they need an approval from VWOA since i am tuned

goose1

Ready to race!
Fight them, this is purely an emissions only sensor, it has no purpose other than to verify you have a radiator with an emissions reducing coating

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Seriously how in the world would a tune affect that sensor

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I am at 57k, both powertrain and emission warranties would be still valid. Maybe the rep was confused or simply didn't know what he was talking about. I will try contact them again tomorrow.
The dealership told me that it should be covered, but they need an approval from VWOA since i am tuned

I had a bit of a hiccup today. I was told the same thing, that I can't have my radiator serviced because I am tuned, even though this detail was discussed the day before with this person. I was helped out with another matter that was more sensitive, so I didn't try to embarrass/insult the person after getting this favor.

I was told I need to flash back to stock, and only when I have my CEL can they actually work on the car. This issue was also discussed before going it, that I get the p2568 code, but the CEL comes and goes on its own and that I never clear it but currently the CEL is off.

I'm going to a more mod friendly dealer to discuss, but our emissions warranty covers this until 150K miles (per VW tech). That said, I am not clear if it is an issue at the time for smog if there is no CEL.

artemk93

Ready to race!
I had a bit of a hiccup today. I was told the same thing, that I can't have my radiator serviced because I am tuned, even though this detail was discussed the day before with this person. I was helped out with another matter that was more sensitive, so I didn't try to embarrass/insult the person after getting this favor.

I was told I need to flash back to stock, and only when I have my CEL can they actually work on the car. This issue was also discussed before going it, that I get the p2568 code, but the CEL comes and goes on its own and that I never clear it but currently the CEL is off.

I'm going to a more mod friendly dealer to discuss, but our emissions warranty covers this until 150K miles (per VW tech). That said, I am not clear if it is an issue at the time for smog if there is no CEL.
I was in a mod friendly dealership in Denver, Emich Volkswagen, i believe they are an APR dealer as well. I will try and talk with them again or try and talk with VWOA through them, since everytime I talk with VW customer care I get a person who knows nothing about cars let alone engine codes and emission equipment.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I was in a mod friendly dealership in Denver, Emich Volkswagen, i believe they are an APR dealer as well. I will try and talk with them again or try and talk with VWOA through them, since everytime I talk with VW customer care I get a person who knows nothing about cars let alone engine codes and emission equipment.

I discussed this with a friend of mine with the same p2568 code. He went to a mod friendly dealer, tuned, and they fixed this under warranty as should be expected. He did have the CEL currently up, and this is the second time I've been told that I can't have it fixed unless the CEL is up. No idea why that matters but worth noting.

I agree with the other guys on here, that this is not an issue related to being tuned and VW needs to address and fix. I would make it clear this is something you want to discuss and have explained how your tune is responsible if rejected. That puts the burden of proof on them. Make it clear you want to escalate this to a higher level if you aren't getting help.

I'm going to head over to this other mod friendly dealership when I get the CEL again. Keep up posted and good luck.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
So the consensus here is warranty fix under emissions warranty 7 years right? I'm 2012 GTI, 65k miles and tuned. Just want to make sure before I head in and start asking questions.

My CEL comes back a day after I clear it.

artemk93

Ready to race!

So an update, on my situation.
I've talked with service manager about emission warranty for the sensor/radiator, and specified PZEV warranty and have shown him the sticker that's under my hood saying all the info about USA EPA and California emissions. I was told that it proves that the car conforms with these norms, but is not a PZEV-registered car, and should have been registered by VW. Thus my issue isn't covered by any warranty.
I have even reached out to my original dealership where I have bought the car, and got pretty much same info.