GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'14 GTI w/tune burning oil, dealer voids warranty

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Try taking it to a different dealership.

fugit

UPDATE: Tom Bush VW had the car for 3 days. They ran it and said they saw white and black smoke on acceleration. They took the turbo off and found no oil in it. They did a compression test and found 98 lbs, #1 cyl, 70 #2, 70 #3 and 65 #4. A leak down test showed excessive air leaking past the rings in #2, 3 & 4 cylinders along with some past the valves. Conclusion by Howard, the service manager, was the increased compression caused by the REVO stage 2 ECU upgrade caused the failures and therefore VW would decline the warranty claim on this issue. Talked to the VW Customer Care lady and she reiterated what the service manager said.

Okay, so now what?!! :mad::thumbdown: For now I'll just keep putting oil in it, and somewhere down the road trade it in. I'm thinking about taking it back to the shop and seeing if they can actually DETUNE the REVO settings on the ECU upgrade to keep things from getting any worse. Definitely going to think 2 or 3 times before making upgrades to any car in the future.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
UPDATE: Tom Bush VW had the car for 3 days. They ran it and said they saw white and black smoke on acceleration. They took the turbo off and found no oil in it. They did a compression test and found 98 lbs, #1 cyl, 70 #2, 70 #3 and 65 #4. A leak down test showed excessive air leaking past the rings in #2, 3 & 4 cylinders along with some past the valves. Conclusion by Howard, the service manager, was the increased compression caused by the REVO stage 2 ECU upgrade caused the failures and therefore VW would decline the warranty claim on this issue. Talked to the VW Customer Care lady and she reiterated what the service manager said.

Okay, so now what?!! :mad::thumbdown: For now I'll just keep putting oil in it, and somewhere down the road trade it in. I'm thinking about taking it back to the shop and seeing if they can actually DETUNE the REVO settings on the ECU upgrade to keep things from getting any worse. Definitely going to think 2 or 3 times before making upgrades to any car in the future.

Time for a used engine. I doubt it was actually the REVO tune I mean how many of us are stage 2, k04 etc and never have issues with the piston rings. I believe that was actually an issue with the Audi TFSI engines though but dont hear of it much on the FWD TSI cars.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Its our shitty PCV system. Happens to most of us. Im stage 2 and my car had done the same thing until i recently switched to Mobil Euro 5w-40. I havent noticed a loss in oil yet but I need to swap the system soon.