GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2

giotisjohn92

Hello All,

I recently installed a downpipe and a CAI in my car. Needless to say the check engine light came on which was to be expected. I was wondering if anyone has a unitronic stage 2 tune they are willing to send me if it is just a file. I have the uniconnect tool I just can't spend another $600 dollars for the tune. I appreciate everyone's time for reading this.

Sincerely,
Yoti

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

It doesn't work like that

The file is on their server and downloaded via the UniConnect "tool" anyways.
If you already have the cable though, & possibly their tune?, you only have to pay to upgrade from Stage 1 to Stage 2 btw

Outside of that, I'm not sure why you would have the cable already without their tune

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
LOL! Someone has a lot of reading to do.......

avni

Ready to race!
I can provide you with cracked versions of all tunes

you have to jailbreak the car though

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I can provide you with cracked versions of all tunes

you have to jailbreak the car though
and only 8 easy payments of 79.99

Last edited:

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
It's probably just one of your O2 sensors. Find out which one (or both). If its the one closest to the engine it'll have to be disabled, if it's the one post-cat it'll either need to be disabled, or if your state requires one of them to work for inspection, out a spacer on it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's probably just one of your O2 sensors. Find out which one (or both). If its the one closest to the engine it'll have to be disabled, if it's the one post-cat it'll either need to be disabled, or if your state requires one of them to work for inspection, out a spacer on it.
you DEF dont wanna disable the O2 sensor nearest the engine.... that affects fuel trims....

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
you DEF dont wanna disable the O2 sensor nearest the engine.... that affects fuel trims....

Correct.

Let me re-phrase that... In Texas when you get your car inspected, you are allowed only 1 non cat 02 sensor fail/not-ready. When I got my stage II tune and downpipe the post cat 02 sensor was disabled and the 02 sensor on the downpipe will always read fail/not ready, hence when I would put it in stock mode for inspection it would throw a cel because of the post cat sensor.

Not the 02 sensor closest to the engine.

giotisjohn92

Guys thank you all for your time but yeah I did some reading and I only had to pay for the upgrade since I was already stage1+. I do apologize for my noobiness but I appreciate all your responses

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Guys thank you all for your time but yeah I did some reading and I only had to pay for the upgrade since I was already stage1+. I do apologize for my noobiness but I appreciate all your responses
no problem congrats.