GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When does World Auto CPO warranty take effect?

RAT TAT TAT

I bought an mk4 Jetta many years ago that was certified pre-owned. It still had the factory warranty, so the CPO warranty took effect after the factory warranty expired.

Fast forward a few cars and years later, I have an mk6 GTI that I purchased World Auto cpo, which seems to be VWOA's cpo program.

Confident that the cpo warranty would take effect after the factory warranty expired, I spoke to VWOA's customer service trying to find out the expiration date of the cpo drivetrain warranty.

The rep told me that the cpo warranty is from date of purchase, and not concurrent with the factory one. Essentially, I had both warranties running out side by side.

I paid more for CPO because of my past experience with VW CPO, and its great warranty coverage. I feel quite gyped, for lack of a better word.

I was never even mailed a coverage pamphlet so I can't even reference fine print, because the worldautocertified.com is a pretty barebones site that says "reference your provided material"

What have been your experiences with the World Auto CPO program?

CHerna

Ready to race!
My car was CPO. It's getting really close to being over now. But yeah, it was past the 3/36 Factory warranty, so CPO warranty took over. It was good in my experience. I got a new clutch assy. out of it.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
the day the other warranty ends

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
The person you talked with at VW didn't know what they were talking about. As has already been said by other's here, once your 3/36 warranty ends your CPO 24/24 warranty starts. The 5/60 power-train stays the same & doesn't extend with the CPO. As far as not getting a pamphlet goes that is on your dealer. They should have given you one, mine did along with a complete service history on my car & the window sticker plus a 2013 GTI brochure. The CPO is worth the difference you paid. I believe you can find the CPO info online & print it off.

I'm going out of warranty in April. Time for a stage 1 tune? Hmmm.....

RAT TAT TAT

Ahh, so the 24/24 cpo warranty kicks in after 3/36, and not the 5/60?

If thats the case, then I am just out of warranty, plain and simple.

Everything about the car is tip top, except a drivability issue that i have a gut feeling can be related to timing chain stretch.

Currently waiting on a quote from my local german mechanic about pricing to look in to it. Should probably just take it to a dealer and pay the diagnostic fee for an hours labor to have it on record, because my 5/60 powertrain just expired 1k ago.