GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 week old already have 3 different lights on my dash

kerp

Ready to race!
Good luck getting VWoA to help you out. Had my waterpump go out at 41-42K and wasn't part of the extended warranty. Made an appeal and they didn't seem to care. Baffles be how the same problems arise across the different years, yet only some are covered. Hope it works out though.

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Not all years.i believe most 13+ gen 1 tsi models are excluded even though they may suffer from the same issues

That’s super lame. At least they have the updated tensioner. Give and take I guess. Rather have to pay for intake manifold over the tensioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
You're mostly paying for labor. The revised own intake manifold is like $170. The Humble Mechanic has a great diy vid on YouTube.

If u have a shop do it make sure to get a carbon clean.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

terryna

interesting thread, I also experienced the same problem

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Im thinking for that amount ill just go after market IE intake manifold...

Stay away from those things..........more headaches than it's worth.

Retuning due to loss of power in low end....

Power coming on 500 to 1000 RPM's later than what it is now......

Heat Sink. Metal get's hot, and holds heat, increasing IAT's, basically defeating whatever the IC did.

If you're building a race car and plan on using meth, when that's another story.

GTI6891

UPDATE: Check engine light came back on today. I don’t have the money to fix it just yet.. Is there any harm to the engine if I continue driving it? I know I’ll have less power and worse MPG... But is it dangerous to continue driving?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE: Check engine light came back on today. I don’t have the money to fix it just yet.. Is there any harm to the engine if I continue driving it? I know I’ll have less power and worse MPG... But is it dangerous to continue driving?

How many miles are on it?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
The car has 50k miles. I work/live in the Broward and palm beach area

Ok, I'll let you know if my friend wants the job... he's excellent with these cars though and works on them all the time. About 2 hours from you if you're interested just shoot me a PM.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
lol welcome to the mk6

GTI6891

UPDATE: Dealer has agreed to pay for the following parts....New upgraded Intake manifold with complete installation kit, new upgraded aluminum actuator arm for further durability...new R8 Coils, and NGK Spark plugs.

kerp

Ready to race!
UPDATE: Dealer has agreed to pay for the following parts....New upgraded Intake manifold with complete installation kit, new upgraded aluminum actuator arm for further durability...new R8 Coils, and NGK Spark plugs.

Congrats, I assume you didn't buy it from a VW stealership?