GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic Retrofit

fermasast

Passed Driver's Ed
the hardest part would be to source the harness... and wire it. I ordered a used A/C control panel from ebay for $30USD its of a 2010 CC w/o the light sensor option, the rest of the pins and wires match the Climatronic of the GOLFMKVI. i'm looking for the rests of the extra sensors and going to the junkyard next weekend to find the harness and A/C motor that has the speed module attached to it.

Cristo_844: Did you have to do any VAGCOM coding???

Attachments

• IMG00044-20170406-1522.jpg
    IMG00044-20170406-1522.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG00045-20170406-1522.jpg
    IMG00045-20170406-1522.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 182

fermasast

Passed Driver's Ed
found at the junkyard an MKV with climatronic controls, I pulled the dash and crossbar, tomorrow I'm going to pull the main harness separating the a/c harness and stripping the flap motors and sensors. the blower motor with the control module was gone, but will make it work.

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
Congrats! Would you care to share a rough time estimate it took to complete?
About 3hrs lol. I found a kit that allows you to do the conversion without changing anything except the plastic cover of the blower motor. And everything is plug and play, nothing except a notch in the passenger footwell plastic vent tube for a temp sensor needs to be cut.

You aren't able to get dual zone this way but everything else works. Even the rns510 shows the info on the screen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bobt23821

Ready to race!
Wow, nice! If you visit any car meets this summer, perhaps I can get a look at it.

One of my pipe dreams is convert the 5 step blower motor to an analog dial. That would allow me to get the air flow right where I want it to satisfy my OCD, lol.

gti383

Passed Driver's Ed
About 3hrs lol. I found a kit that allows you to do the conversion without changing anything except the plastic cover of the blower motor. And everything is plug and play, nothing except a notch in the passenger footwell plastic vent tube for a temp sensor needs to be cut.

You aren't able to get dual zone this way but everything else works. Even the rns510 shows the info on the screen.

Where did you find this kit? Looks great, It looks like you used the older style control panel in the photo. Any reason for not using the newer style.

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
Where did you find this kit? Looks great, It looks like you used the older style control panel in the photo. Any reason for not using the newer style.
I like this style better, I think it flows with the mk6 interior. The newer one looks out of place to me.

Here is the link to the product. You will probably need to use a shipping agent to get it here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...7453578855.34.417a68c67ykCn6&id=562329903907#

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
Congrats! Looks great!

Thanks!

Here is a quick guide I wrote (stole the pics from the taobao listing):
Here's the steps:

1. Remove climate control

2. Unscrew cap of the fan blower motor under the glove box

3. Remove fan blower motor and 2 wires from the cap (I de-pinned them to make it easier)
4. Install fan blower motor into new cap (you need to cut a small hole to pass the 2 power/ground wires through the new cap as it does not have a spot for them to pass through)
5. Install weird silver bump-covered piece into the new cap (The brown wires match up, the other wires may be red/orange so just match the brown and obviously the other mis-matched ones go together)

6. Re-install blower motor with new cap by twisting it into place

7. Cut a small hole in passenger footwell air vent under the glove box to fit the temp sensor into (one screw holds the vent in place)

8. Run all the wires from the blower motor cap/temp sensor to the climatronic unit

9. Remove left side dash cap where the fuses are
10. Install temp sensor into the hole near top of the dash that is currently filled with a rubber dummy plug
11. Run the wire for this temp sensor back to climatronic

12. Place the supplied fuse in the spots for pin 4 and 5 in the stock fan speed harness (you can now tape this up with the supplied fabric tape to keep it from rattling/fuse coming loose as it won't be used in the climatronic unit)

13. Match all plugs (impossible to screw this up)

14. Run the calibration (press and hold AC/Face blowing vent buttons until they blink and release, its all set when they stop blinking) This works on both the newer mk7 style and mk6 style units.

15. Supposedly there is a second needed calibration by long pressing and hold AC/Rear defrost buttons but this did nothing for me and everything seems to work now

Sorry no pics of my install, again it was really straight forward and I didn't even need to look at the instructions to figure it out.