GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Wow, yea I found a guy on facebook (just like how I found my fender roller haha) through a local car page. A lot of people vouched for him as he was an old collision guy who opened his own place at his house. Dent, paint chip, scratches and bumper holes for $500 even. Repair shop wanted $1,000.

that low overhead life

CMGTI

Ready to race!
After spending $1700 in valve gasket, waterpump, and tensioner, I got a CEL lmao. Swapped the coil packs/plugs with red tops a few months ago so who knows/

Krog29

Ready to race!

Krog29

Ready to race!
You always think your done but then you realize you're not. Lol sorry for your troubles bro. You'll be ok.

I know right. 2 waterpumps, 2 intake manifolds (flapper). no tensioner update... :/ love the car but only so much of the same crap can break before I let it go. plus side be parting it out soon...

Krog29

Ready to race!
Details on car? :iono: sorry to hear. How many miles on it?

96000 miles. slow leak. 1200 to fix with the upgraded rear main seal. I'd do it like I've done everything on my car but don't have a lift.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Dropped off my car at a friends house at 9am to replace the water pump, intake manifold, and perform a carbon cleaning. By 3pm I was on the road ?? This was the first time in 21 years that another set of hands outside of my own have touched my vehicles! Very weird for me to trust ANYONE to work on my car but today was the day and everything came out as expected!

Ps...Anyone looking for a mechanic in central/northern Nj area send me a pm. He’s a current VW tech and is open to working on the side.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finished putting on my dark cherry tails and stud conversion kit with some nice close-ended nuts that match my wheels.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Someone on the forum actually had it made. He posted about it a few weeks ago and made a group buy for it, but they banned him for not paying the vendor fee. It looked like only me and 1 other guy sent him money before he was banned and all the posts about it got deleted.

I'm not sure he wants to have any more made since he doesn't make them himself. He made the pattern himself, but a shop cut the aluminum for him. I could ask him for you if you wanted though.

I'll keep updating as I get further into this though. I need to talk to my painter about it having it powdercoated black and I'm considering having the trim piece painted black as well.

Couple pics of the top and bottom of it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Someone on the forum actually had it made. He posted about it a few weeks ago and made a group buy for it, but they banned him for not paying the vendor fee. It looked like only me and 1 other guy sent him money before he was banned and all the posts about it got deleted.

I'm not sure he wants to have any more made since he doesn't make them himself. He made the pattern himself, but a shop cut the aluminum for him. I could ask him for you if you wanted though.

I'll keep updating as I get further into this though. I need to talk to my painter about it having it powdercoated black and I'm considering having the trim piece painted black as well.

Couple pics of the top and bottom of it.

Oh I know he got spoken to about it. Wasn't aware of the ban. I've got his contact info. Interested in the attachment points and how it will stay on

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Oh I know he got spoken to about it. Wasn't aware of the ban. I've got his contact info. Interested in the attachment points and how it will stay on

I gotcha...You can see the mounting points on the 2nd picture that shows the bottom side. There's one hole in the center, and then 2 holes near the ends. The holes near the ends line right up with where the fins are on the rear valence, or the bottom side of where the red arrow points. I guess it's enough to keep it on there lol...I think the maxton diffuser is set up the same way. Drill some holes and bolt it on there.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
today was an expensive day:

- IE CAI (summer sale discount is about as good as im gonna get for a new CAI from them. impatient to wait for a classifed posting.)
- New tires to go on my new fifteen52 tarmacs.
- new hardware and hub rings for the new wheels

also registered my cars which totally counts towards the expenses for the day.

once i get and decide i like the new CAI i might end up selling my Carbonio stg1+2 setup.