GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2Spec.com presents Carbon Fiber Interior Fabric Wrap (+DIY) - GTI MK6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
Well I completely commend siagolf with his installation of 3M-DiNoc but in our experience and continuous recommendation, on interior products the Carbon Fiber fabric is quite a bit more workable in an interior application. Think of the curvy edges with vinyl installation versus a piece of cloth.

The fabric is not 'flat' either, it's texturized. You're in West Covina? If you make the trip down this weekend, I think Panda and I are doing a small shoot. I'll show you how it all works and heck, better explained in person anyway?

In any case, YGPM!

B

Hi ben, sorry wasnt able to respond and make it to the shoot (saw the pictures a while ago and must say Im impressed, good job). I just got my DBM back from the shop this morning. Yeah Tustin aint that bad a drive from west cov. Ill definitely go next time. I also got a buddy who has a TR here in west cov that I could bring along. Still interested in the CF btw. But will have to see the difference in person first. Have to consider vinyl vs fabric, coz siagolf in my opinion made it sound easy for the vinyl. As well as if I have the will power and time to DIY. Hehehe!

Cheers again for the great photoshoot!

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Hi ben, sorry wasnt able to respond and make it to the shoot (saw the pictures a while ago and must say Im impressed, good job). I just got my DBM back from the shop this morning. Yeah Tustin aint that bad a drive from west cov. Ill definitely go next time. I also got a buddy who has a TR here in west cov that I could bring along. Still interested in the CF btw. But will have to see the difference in person first. Have to consider vinyl vs fabric, coz siagolf in my opinion made it sound easy for the vinyl. As well as if I have the will power and time to DIY. Hehehe!

Cheers again for the great photoshoot!

I'm telling you guys, Tustin/Jamboree area is going to be a new MK6 hangout ;). Let me know what day and I'll be sure to be free, even if it's just to cruise on by, someone will whip out the camera.

siagolf did skip a step in the vinyl job, the door removal part which a shop did (whew!). Bring it on by and lets see if we can help you.

MKsixGTI

Ready to race!
Canadian GTI interior

I like the subtlety of the matt black fiber...was never really a carbon fiber fan but very nice.

On another note, I never noticed how nice the stock gti trim was. Is this an american or european version...I don't remember the canadian ones looking like that. Also, where can I buy them (dealership aside)?

This is how the Canadian GTI interior looks as well.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
No probs with mine so far, Nobody knows its not aftermarket. They think its stock

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
just found this thread. nice stuff, too bad you're not local as I wouldn't mind having this done, but after the easy bits, I'd want someone with more patience doing the rest.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.