GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Wheel Chat Thread

Avdigigeek

Ready to race!
Hello all,
I came across a sweet deal on a set of summer tires "245 X 35 X 18"

I think they will fit VMR 710's any running this setup?
Should I have any rubbing concerns?

Rugbystew

I recently purchased a 2013 gti. I am getting into the car scene, just finished my stage 2+. I am wanting to get some rims with a wider wheel base to help hook up. I was looking at Rotiforms that are 18X8.5 with -65 negative off set. So would those ride with stock suspension. I have read a lot through out the forum but I am still unclear what tires I should run or if it will fit. I also would like to lower the car 1.5in, in the future. Any help would be great!

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
:confused:...never seen a -65 offset

You want ET45 offset

^ I've never seen that either. I imagine it would probably rub the struts, not to mention it just wouldn't look very good.

Roctre

Ready to race!
I recently purchased a 2013 gti. I am getting into the car scene, just finished my stage 2+. I am wanting to get some rims with a wider wheel base to help hook up. I was looking at Rotiforms that are 18X8.5 with -65 negative off set. So would those ride with stock suspension. I have read a lot through out the forum but I am still unclear what tires I should run or if it will fit. I also would like to lower the car 1.5in, in the future. Any help would be great!

If you want more grip drop down to a 17x8 45mm offset and run a 245/40/17. With 18x8.5 you will still have to run a stock tire size so you wouldn't get anymore grip.

Rugbystew

If you want more grip drop down to a 17x8 45mm offset and run a 245/40/17. With 18x8.5 you will still have to run a stock tire size so you wouldn't get anymore grip.

Would a 17x8.5 be even better? Sorry if it's a silly question. I'm still learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk