GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Roof Racks?

RubberBiscuitz

Passed Driver's Ed
How hard is it to remove any of these roof racks from a 2 door? I'm sick of chucking my bike in the boot but I don't want to have anything permanently installed. I personally think that all roof racks ruin the look of the GTI and will likely be installing and uninstalling after each use.

Very easy. My Thule has allen key adapters that came with it so it lets me install without any tools. The adapters are built into the mounting brackets. They also indicate how tight they need to be for proper mounting.

Nelly

Ready to race!
Which paint protector you guy recommend for the install? I picked up a second hand whispbar rack, only thing missing is the sticker for install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby2414

Thule ftw

I'll try to get another pic without the bike on it, and a pic with the fairing (I've been too lazy to put that on)

I have noticed about a 6-7 mpg loss, but have heard the fairing saves 2-3.

In HEAVY downpour, on the highway, city streets, and even parked - I have seen only a drop or two on my door's armrest. No notable leaking otherwise. The weather stripping does take the clip's form for a day or so if I leave the rack on for a couple weeks, but they form right back to the door - secondary inner weather stripping (cushion like) still stops any sort of leaking when rain comes down.

Without fairing....better keep the windows/roof closed (roof ok when back side put up) Pretty loud and overbearing to any sort of convo, and even the radio. Again, I've heard this drastically improves when the fairing is installed. Noise becomes background pretty quickly and the rack is unnoticed.

Note: install the fairing before the bike trays...its clips slide on and the trays are in the way of getting the fairing clips to slide where necessary
Hey there, what’s the name of this model of Thule roof racks? Thanks!