GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I getting screwed?

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Somehow got a bubble in my tire and the dealership wont fix it unless I pay $250.
Are tire bubbles REALLY not covered?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
no they arent. my friend got the same thing and they wanted to charge him the same price. its bullshit. if you can get a tire somewhere cheaper ( which you definitely can ) go that rounte, if not pay the 250. dealerships blow ass.

Why should the dealership be responsible for the driver hitting a pot hole that caused the bubble in the first place? Unless you have tire and wheel insurance, you should pay to fix your damage, and possibly seek retribution with the town who failed to fix the hole in a timely manner if such is the case.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Why should the dealership be responsible for the driver hitting a pot hole that caused the bubble in the first place? Unless you have tire and wheel insurance, you should pay to fix your damage, and possibly seek retribution with the town who failed to fix the hole in a timely manner if such is the case.

+1 This is why I got tire/wheel insurance...650 for 3 years...3 tires and it pays itself off.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
well how does any wear and tear happen to a vehicle? they cover free oil changes and other wear and tear on a vehicle up to a certain amount of miles / years, why not a tire? doesn't seem too out of the ordinary but aparantly it's crazy to think that.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion

:word:

well how does any wear and tear happen to a vehicle? they cover free oil changes and other wear and tear on a vehicle up to a certain amount of miles / years, why not a tire? doesn't seem too out of the ordinary but aparantly it's crazy to think that.

A bubble is not wear and tear, it's a condition caused by hitting something.

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
Its ridiculous that everyone assumes I hit something and that caused the bubble. I can assure you that I did not hit anything to cause a bubble. :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Lets say you didn't hit a pothole or pinch the tire...but if we all automatically assumed you did so did the dealer...your best bet is to call the tire manufacturer and get some sort of rebate or cash back

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
A bubble is not wear and tear, it's a condition caused by hitting something.

a bubble can also be caused by a faulty tire. happens all the time. happend to all 4 tires on my neighbors car. turned out to be faulty tires and they were replaced for FREE by the tire shop. hmmmmm..

In the 10 years I've been on car forums for the various vehicles I have driven, I have never seen such a defect reported.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
In the 10 years I've been on car forums for the various vehicles I have driven, I have never seen such a defect reported.

they were some falken tires. look it up. the tire started to get bulbbles on the sidewalls then the tire tread started to lift off of the tire itself. the more you know.

they were some falken tires. look it up. the tire started to get bulbbles on the sidewalls then the tire tread started to lift off of the tire itself. the more you know.

You really do learn something new every day :)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
im pretty positive this was the tire. but im not 100% on it so this might not be true. but it is definitely a falken tire recall.

http://www.arfc.org/tires/falken/lt23585r16_10pr/recalls/000012634000095647000000303/recall.aspx[/URL]