GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM custom exhaust review and questions...

Brad09

Ready to race!
So I recently picked up an SPM tbe that's got a 200 cell catted dp, track j pipe, street mid muffler and street dual rear mufflers. The quality is amazing as most people know. The only fitment issue was the plate holding the two posts on the dp that go to the rubber mount was a little off, but luckily the rubber was forgiving. The tips lined up great which I was worried about. The v bands weren't that bad to work with either.

I'm coming from an UR tbe on my mkv that was high flow catted with a single muffler, that sounded amazing. The SPM is too quiet for me, in this configuration. It's much smoother sounding than the UR, which had a more rumbling and mean sound. The drone isn't that bad, I only hear it when I'm accelerating in too low of a gear/under load (dsg) so just cruising at 70 is fine. .

I've read tons of threads about different configurations of this exhaust but it's been a while so I was hoping more people would be able to chime in. I'm trying to decide if I want to go street mid/track rear or track mid/street rear. Which one is louder? I can live with some drone but does one of these drone worse than the other? And does anyone know if the mid muffler does most of the sound dampening or is it the rears?

Ideally someone that has either had both configurations on their car or heard them in person would be great

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
track rear will be louder.. because you lose 2 mufflers. street mid is a single muffler.. so keeping the street mid and switching to track rear should bring back some rawness.