GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Engine equipment compatible with 06 GTI FSI?

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I got a quick question:

Will a MKVI Golf R Forge Twintake work on an 06 MKV FSI?

Also, will a set of steve petty motor mounts work on an 06 MKV FSI?

I need to know this info as soon as possible, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
^^Thanks for the reply. Found out that they will indeed fit, but the two differences is that the MKV evoms pipe does not have the DV port like the Golf R pipe has on it for the relocation DV port.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
The Forge twintake won't fit; the snorkels are made to bolt on an MK6 chassis not an MK5. Also the Turbo inlet section is different cause of the recirculation pipe on the R

Nubsauce

And don't forget about the engine codes...unless you know for sure that it will work without throwing a check engine annoyance. Also....I think the FSIs are not compatible with TSI counterparts because of some reason that has completely slipped my mind. At least they don't transfer from an 06 GTI FSI to my 09 GTI TSI...Check engine and Bogging for days!

wbean

attention whore
maf sensor.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
And don't forget about the engine codes...unless you know for sure that it will work without throwing a check engine annoyance. Also....I think the FSIs are not compatible with TSI counterparts because of some reason that has completely slipped my mind. At least they don't transfer from an 06 GTI FSI to my 09 GTI TSI...Check engine and Bogging for days!

The Golf R is an FSI motor, not TSI.