GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine specs

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you know how to crossover the parts number to find out if a Jetta MK5 Wolfsburg gas tank will fit my 2010 GTI ? Can u help me on this one again I need to get it on the road but at the same time save money thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Good morning everyone, at the end I bought a used engines for 2k on eBay. Put it on my GTI about a year ago and it’s doing good so far, so I found the problem with origami engine that came off my GTI, one of the balance shafts got stuck and hung up the engine. So now am debating on whether buying that shaft and all the gaskets and new timing kit and putting it all together and hope for the best or sell my engine which it’s in good shape and sell the head as well, what would you guys do?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Good morning everyone, at the end I bought a used engines for 2k on eBay. Put it on my GTI about a year ago and it’s doing good so far, so I found the problem with origami engine that came off my GTI, one of the balance shafts got stuck and hung up the engine. So now am debating on whether buying that shaft and all the gaskets and new timing kit and putting it all together and hope for the best or sell my engine which it’s in good shape and sell the head as well, what would you guys do?

Pull the balance shaft and put a new one it. I did this and worked around the timing chain. Can be done just have to take all tension out. I bought a trashed Audi block for $200 and pulled the shaft from it. I would keep it as a spare if I were you.