GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Passenger Window Switch Opposite of True Function

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
So, on the passenger door panel AND driver panel, you have to push the switch down to get the window to roll up and up to roll it down. Is this a common thing? I purchased my 2014 MK6 GTI 4 dr last month and it has always been that way, I didn't think much of it until I researched the topic and see a lot of people have issues with windows. If it were just one of the switches I would go flip some wires, but I feel like I've got something else going on. I may try switching the wires for both switches if that's what needs to happen.

Also, both driver side windows roll down with one touch, but neither of the passenger windows do. I tried the reset that is in the manual earlier today, but I only held it for 2-5 seconds so I'm about to go try it for a little bit longer for both of those windows. I'm more concerned with the up/down switches being reversed.

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
I just went down and tried resetting the one touch by holding up for a long while and I tried it down as well for both passenger windows with no luck.

Anyone have these issues? Both passenger windows not working with the one touch and a switch being reversed on both the driver and passenger door panels for the same window? I can't imagine it's a dirty track/motor because it functions perfectly fine with both switches (minus the one touch and the fact that the switch is reversed).

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
One last piece of info, I tried resetting the one touch from the driver door as well as each individual door that is not resetting. No luck.

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
I used Carista to program the key fob to roll up/down windows when holding the lock/unlock button. The same issue is there. I've seen this is an issue on other GTI's and I think, from what I've read, the only fix is to replace the motor/regulator. Anyone have any other fix?

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
The issue has been solved. It was a faulty front passenger window motor. I replaced the regulator first which didn’t help, then the master switch which fixed one touch up for the driver rear window. Bought a new motor, “programmed” the one touch for all windows and everything works properly.