GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ditch the TPMS ?

FN in MT

Ready to race!
I've gotten tired of the rough ride with my 18" Detroits so found a set of AUDI 7.5x16 alloys for my 2010 GTI. Going to give those a whirl. May end up with 17's in the end, but the experimentation is interesting and fun.

Can I simply remove my tires from the Detroits, remove the TPMS sensor and reinstall on the Audi wheels??

IF I DO decide to buy aftermarket TPMS anyone on par with VW OEM parts yet CHEAPER?

Anyone install new wheels and ditch the TPMS sensors? Can the Dealer then shut OFF the sensor to get rid of the warning light on the dash? doubt If I have any VAG-COM's closeby here in the MT wilderness.

Having had one high speed tire failure a few years back I DO like the idea of the TPMS. I assume it probably does give a driver enough warning before a total failure to formulate what your going to do? Anyone have any experience??

FN in MT

El TexMex

Ready to race!
The tpms on this car is weird. My other car had an on demand display of the pressure on the dashboard if you wanted to look at it. From my understanding the TPMS on the MK6 only shows during a fault & will not show the current pressure if you choose to know what it is. Or am I wrong?