GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
GTIVI2011
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2011 black GTI
Dash lights after sub install???

Today I started installing my sub and amp into my 2011 gti. I did not finish so I just had wires running through the trim not really connected to anything. I had to take out the battery to run a wire from inside the car through the firewall. I then put back the battery and reconnected the battery. Other than that I did not touch anything else except the trim. When I started the car up it gave the a yellow steering wheel meaning problem with steering and then the little car with tread marks behind it. What could be the problem?
GTIVI2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
(. )( .)
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Slow
don't worry. my buddy disconnected my battery when he installed my intake and when we started the car, both those lights were on as well. drive a little bit and they should go away.
(. )( .) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
ImAuthenticFTW
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG DSG 2-door Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by (. )( .) View Post
don't worry. my buddy disconnected my battery when he installed my intake and when we started the car, both those lights were on as well. drive a little bit and they should go away.
what he said

should go away after like 30-60 seonds of driving and you'll be fine. Might also have to set your power windows as well too. Hold the window buttons up at the auto point for a few seconds, then push them down and you should be set
ImAuthenticFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp, dash, lights, subs, warning