GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 07-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #127
AustinM

Drives: 2013 (Mk vi) GTI
HELP!

I'm hoping this thread isn't too old to get some help with my 2013 GTI. I literally pulled my setup out of my old honda, bought new wires, and wired it almost exactly the same as it was when it was working in the Honda. Here's the setup:

PAC SOEM-T LOC
Alpine MRP-M500 Amp under drivers seat (remote to 12v cigarette lighter)
10" Alpine S Type in the trunk

The amp seems to work just fine, turning on and off with the accessory position of the car. Here's what's going wrong:

Although the amp turns on, I get zero sound out of my sub. I'll get a multi-meter to try to figure out where the problem is, but that's only the beginning.

Having my battery disconnected seems to have done something to the computer in my car. My traction control is off and I can no longer turn it on, my low tire light is on and the button in the glove box won't turn it off, and I get the "steering assist reduced" light on. Being new to VW this may be a dumb question, but does my car just need to acclimate after having the battery unplugged, or have I seriously messed something up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
AustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:39 AM   #128
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
I've never heard of that happening. Maybe a short somewhere?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #129
AustinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksabuser View Post
I've never heard of that happening. Maybe a short somewhere?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Possibly, The only two things I can think of are (a) it doesn't like having things plugged into the cigarette lighter or (b) I had to take the battery out to run my power wire and maybe having it out for that long reset the computer. Not sure.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #130
nikbrewer
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2008 gti
get your battery tested. VW's really act wierd when the battery is starting to get old. Less than optimal voltage makes crazy things happen
nikbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #131
AustinM

HELP!

Ok so the problems with my car are fixed, it didn't take long for the warning lights to turn off, but my windows were doing crazy things for like 20 minutes or so. Still no sound out of my sub though. I've tried a new LOC, I've changed out every cord in the system, I even took it to an audio shop and they said it was wired perfectly, they were as stumped as I was. Anyone have any ideas before I just give up and take it somewhere? I'd really like this to not be time and money wasted.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #132
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Did you test with another sub? Checked the wires inside the sub box?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:45 PM   #133
AustinM

I've checked the wires everywhere, including inside the sub box. I haven't tested another sub, unfortunately I don't have another one nor do I know anyone that does. Knowing my luck I'm sure I've just got two bunk LOC's, but I'm afraid to send a third set of clips through my speaker wires without a guarantee of it working.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #134
xtant3150
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG 2door UGM
try hooking up another source to the amp. If you have a DVD player or something like that with RCA audio outputs, connect that to the amp (MAKE SURE TO TURN THE GAINS ALL THE WAY DOWN FIRST), ignore the video output. Put in a music CD and play it. Slowly turn up the gain on the amp and see if you get any output. That will at least tell you if it's the amp/sub and the wire between them.
Euro auto switch with sensor/Autodimming mirror with homelink/Depo led tails (no fog)/DeAutoKey interior, license plate, front & rear turn, fog, reverse, and city light led kits/DeAutoKey H7RC HID & H15 conversion kits/ECS Hatch Pop Kit/hacked BoldSport puddle leds/vag-com tweaks
xtant3150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:53 AM   #135
grantshane.sg

Drives:
The add a fuse I have one, what one did you pull to use it? I don't seem to notice one changing in voltage with the key. Noob question lol just missing something.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by grantshane.sg; 10-22-2015 at 11:01 AM.
grantshane.sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #136
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantshane.sg View Post
The add a fuse I have one, what one did you pull to use it? I don't seem to notice one changing in voltage with the key. Noob question lol just missing something.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Instead of doing that, use the rear trunk 12V socket for the remote turn-on power source. It will be the BLACK/RED (black with red stripe) wire. The brown wire is ground. It is easy to distinguish because these two wires are larger than the rest. You can actually connect to that wire at the wheel well, found in an exposed bundle of wires. You will have more room to work with at this location.

*** Make sure your key IS NOT in the ignition when you tap onto this wire. If you arch it against the car metal, you WILL blow a fuse. ****

Tags
amp, install, stereo, sub install, subwoofer