GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #43
nikbrewer
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2008 gti
By the wat the RF amp does have high level input

it has a plug that you put a head into that ends with 2 rcs plugs. If you want low level, plug in rca's, if you want high level, cut the ends off and wire into speaker wire. There is a switch to set it to low or hi level input.

if you are using high level input, it also has auto on, so you dont have to run a remote wire
nikbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #44
KushMart
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2DR 6SP UG
Just used this DIY to install the same amp in the same location and tapping behind the stereo. Just a warning to others, the wire for REAR LEFT + was a different color for me (2010 GTI) thankfully I had this post and the wiring diagram pulled up on my Iphone during install.

Also I have a 6SP manual and ended up having to remove the battery to pass my power wire through the firewall, I used one of the nipples in the same grommet I had used for my AWE boost gauge. Overall this DIY was super helpful thanks!
KushMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #45
Shoehat
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 6spd Stg2 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by KushMart View Post
Just used this DIY to install the same amp in the same location and tapping behind the stereo. Just a warning to others, the wire for REAR LEFT + was a different color for me (2010 GTI) thankfully I had this post and the wiring diagram pulled up on my Iphone during install.

Also I have a 6SP manual and ended up having to remove the battery to pass my power wire through the firewall, I used one of the nipples in the same grommet I had used for my AWE boost gauge. Overall this DIY was super helpful thanks!
Doing this tomorrow and I'm a 2010 6mt also; was the wiring diagram on your iphone correct?
If so, what was the correct color combo for rear left +?
Shoehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #46
Goobax

Drives: 2010 mk6
for that that tapped into the rear cig lighter for a remote turn on, which wire was it? Thanks
Goobax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #47
KushMart
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2DR 6SP UG
@Shoehat I just kept this link open http://www.my-gti.com/1313/volkswage...in-assignments

I am sorry I do not remember what color mine was, but just go by the number on the wiring diagram 1 & 5 are Rear Right pos and neg and 4 & 8 are Rear Left pos and neg
KushMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #48
mk6fan
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobax View Post
for that that tapped into the rear cig lighter for a remote turn on, which wire was it? Thanks
Pretty sure all negative wires are brown or brown w/ color stripe. So the positive would be the other wire. I think mine (+) was Red w/blue stripe.
mk6fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #49
Goobax

Drives: 2010 mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6fan View Post
Pretty sure all negative wires are brown or brown w/ color stripe. So the positive would be the other wire. I think mine (+) was Red w/blue stripe.
Mine I think was brown with blue stripe, I broke down and bought a lighted tester but thanks for the help
Goobax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
lemarin
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Volkswagen Golf TDI 2010
For my amp under the driver's seat, I'll order the same foam box as the one used for the bluetooth module under the passenger driver's seat.

It fits perfect even if it's not under the same side's seat.
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 Daytona Yellow
lemarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #51
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
anyone have issues with this setup and rattling under the car? I'm getting a metal rattle right over my muffler in the back when the sub pounds. I have not looked yet, but I'm assuming a heat shield is hiding under there and needs tightening or to be bent away from something making it rattle. Anyone else have this issue?
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #52
VMRWheels
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: Golf
Excellent DIY, and with high res photos!
VMRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #53
Daniel
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Golf 6 GTI 4-door DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Excellent DIY, and with high res photos!
I second that
Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #54
Daniel
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
anyone have issues with this setup and rattling under the car? I'm getting a metal rattle right over my muffler in the back when the sub pounds. I have not looked yet, but I'm assuming a heat shield is hiding under there and needs tightening or to be bent away from something making it rattle. Anyone else have this issue?
I'm also getting the same rattle so anyone with a solution on how to solve this. At first I tnought it was the number plate holder then I put some double sided tape to isolate it from the body, but now the rattle is still there...
Old 01-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #55
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
^^ its up under the muffler suitcase, I'll see if I can isolate it when the exhaust is cool. Almost cooked my hand trying to find it the other day when I came back from a drive, haha
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #56
Daniel
Autocross Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
^^ its up under the muffler suitcase, I'll see if I can isolate it when the exhaust is cool. Almost cooked my hand trying to find it the other day when I came back from a drive, haha
Will appreciate ur help, looking forward to ur feedback, all the best beware of the hot muffler this time

Tags
amp, install, stereo, sub install, subwoofer