GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R mark 6 air intakes

mak

Hi guys, I have had my Golf R mark 6 for nearly two months but just noticed that the air intakes on the front right of the car is closed but on the left side the air intake is open. Is this normal?

mak

I'm in bed, I will have another look tomorrow. Can someone tell me if it's normal and why the air intakes are like this. Cheers.

RocknRoll

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in bed, I will have another look tomorrow. Can someone tell me if it's normal and why the air intakes are like this. Cheers.

Yes it's normal, like they've already mentioned. If you open up your hood and take a look down your going to see why that is.:D

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Why is this? Does every Golf R mark 6 have the same air intakes?

If you open the hood of your car, all of your questions will be answered...

The intake doesn't take up the entire front end of the car... just the right side; hence why its open.

bebersol

Ready to race!
Hi guys, I have had my Golf R mark 6 for nearly two months but just noticed that the air intakes on the front right of the car is closed but on the left side the air intake is open. Is this normal?

your engine air intake is under the left front corner of the hood.

the vent your talking about mostly blows air on the transmission to cool it.
the right vent is closed for aerodynamic purposes if it were open it would make the care less slippery in the air.

Its why exotic cars have vents that actuate open and closed, open for increased cooling at lower speed, closed for improved air flows at higher speeds.