GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Soulmaker1

Ready to race!
upgraded to the Audi S3 short shifter in my car. Installation was pretty easy.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Wash and wax. The car looks great but I have a couple spots of tar from some road construction that I need to take care of soon.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Installed APR rear sway bar yesterday and today returned to Goodyear Tire to have them purge the original Nitro Fill and do over. Had the purity checked elsewhere and they were less than 94% pure.

Purity check??...You've got to be kidding me...

jeffreyj

Ready to race!
Installed my Unibrace XB. Like others have mentioned, took about 4 hours total. Very nice upgrade and definitely increased cornering stability. Thanks Bruce!

TexasBirdDog

Ok so I took my hub caps off today (base model '12 United Grey), wife hates it and thinks it looks like white-trash. I'm still waiting on rims as the highway I travel to work is under heavy construction until spring 2013. Anyone else running on steelies? Any general thoughts on the appearance of running w/o hub caps? Also, I have very dark tint and plasti-dipped badges. Cheers!

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I took my hub caps off today (base model '12 United Grey), wife hates it and thinks it looks like white-trash. I'm still waiting on rims as the highway I travel to work is under heavy construction until spring 2013. Anyone else running on steelies? Any general thoughts on the appearance of running w/o hub caps? Also, I have very dark tint and plasti-dipped badges. Cheers!

Plasti-dip your steelies a cool gunmetal or matte back.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Took it to Cars & Coffee this morning.

That's about it.

FasDarken

Ready to race!
installed my downpipe and tinted side markers...impossible flange nut on the downpipe went way better then expected :thumbup:

rokketman

Ready to race!
sat inside of it since I am waiting for the 3m PPF to cure which it has now!

rokketman

Ready to race!
Wash and wax. The car looks great but I have a couple spots of tar from some road construction that I need to take care of soon.

I am learning a lot about washing and waxing. I think a list of items needed would include at least:

Exterior
  • Meguiar's noodle Microfiber mitt
  • 2 bucket wash method
  • High quality shampoo
  • Waffle weave microfiber large towel (for drying)
  • 10 microfiber mini towels (for various exterior product applications)
  • Ultima Tire/Trim Guard
  • Non-silicone tire gel
  • pinnacle microfiber detergent
  • and ULTIMA Paint Guard Plus!!!! <---Magic!!!

Interior

• 303 aerospace interior cleaner
  • 303 aerospace fabric guard (careful with overspray onto plastics/vinyls)

This exterior products list or one with similar products should help to minimize swirling and/or marring of the paint as well as other owner induced damage and environmental damage! By far, the biggest benefit will be near elimination of new marring/swirling.

And I can only imagine the pain for you DBP owners!

Last edited: