GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST vs GTI

rokketman

Ready to race!
Im just not a ford car guy, and the fact that they make great cars now a days is solely your opinion, and mine was that I'd never buy a fukus.. or a poostang, or pretty much anything from them but a diesel truck.

with that being said I do think they are leading the domestic market vs dodge and GM, but then still, I wouldnt buy a domestic car other than an SRT/Hellcat/vette..

its better than the old fukus atleast :thumbsup:

you forgot to mention GM V-series, but I know you forgot :D

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
This is also why the MK6 is better than the Focus ST.

Just like was talked about already in here, this apparently just happens and is talked about as being "Luck of the draw". Fuck that. You don't see that happening around here. People have their issues, but you don't see motors popping left and right.

I'd rather personally replace a water pump every 30k miles than have to deal with that a single time.

Not that I don't like the Focus ST, it seems as though I have a higher opinion of it than most people in this thread.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I'd rather personally replace a water pump every 30k miles than have to deal with that a single time.

Not that I don't like the Focus ST, it seems as though I have a higher opinion of it than most people in this thread.

It's really not a terrible car, performance wise, I can't stand the crappy plasticy falling apart esq interior though.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
It's really not a terrible car, performance wise, I can't stand the crappy plasticy falling apart esq interior though.

Sure, but the reason I give the car a lot of credit is because while Volkswagen is using the brakes to never let you get any meaningful rotation, Ford uses the brakes the make the car rotate more easily.

The guys who engineered that car did so with "fun" as the #1 priority, as they should when designing a proper hot hatch. I love my GTI for many reasons, but when I feel the ESP kick in it frustrates me.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Sure, but the reason I give the car a lot of credit is because while Volkswagen is using the brakes to never let you get any meaningful rotation, Ford uses the brakes the make the car rotate more easily.

The guys who engineered that car did so with "fun" as the #1 priority, as they should when designing a proper hot hatch. I love my GTI for many reasons, but when I feel the ESP kick in it frustrates me.

:clap::clap:

586mk6

Stock for stock the st beats the mk6? Feels about as fast as my old stock caliber srt4 and much much faster than our '13 turbo optima sx, and the caliber ate st's for lunch

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Stock for stock the st beats the mk6? Feels about as fast as my old stock caliber srt4 and much much faster than our '13 turbo optima sx, and the caliber ate st's for lunch

I think you're right, stock for stock they should pull us. But once we tune, and even if they tune.... it becomes much more even, and in some cases better for us.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I remember racing this guys ST when we were both stage 1. We did a roll and I beat him by a couple cars. It took him full bolt plus freaktune and no-lift shift to beat me at stage 1.... I have a stock exhaust... intercooler...

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
This is great news, now I know how to shut up my friend about his new ST. Saving for apr stage 1 now. The only thing I like about the ST Is that electric blue, it's pretty sexy. The car it self just yells kids car to me, I love the sleeper look of our gtis

CHerna

Ready to race!
Since this thread was bumped;

A while ago, I reeled in a Focus ST like he was standing still. I know he was WOT because I could see puffs of smoke coming from the exhaust upon each shift. Maybe he was just a shit driver. But man, my car yanked that ST back in like nothing. My car is 100% stock.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Since this thread was bumped;

A while ago, I reeled in a Focus ST like he was standing still. I know he was WOT because I could see puffs of smoke coming from the exhaust upon each shift. Maybe he was just a shit driver. But man, my car yanked that ST back in like nothing. My car is 100% stock.

there was something wrong. theyre faster stock for stock

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie