GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage I thoughts

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I put Revo Stg. 1 on my car at 40k miles and currently at 129k miles, with no issues with upgraded plugs and R8 coils every 30-35k miles. The tune has been great so far but it hasn't been without issues.

1. If you don't have a DSG tune (like me), driving in auto becomes frustrating. When you want 50% acceleration, the DSG kicks down to many gears and accelerates as if you are at 100% throttle. This is strictly a DSG issue.

2. In 80F+ degrees w/ AC...the tune cuts timing...A LOT. But you get use to it and learn how to match your driving style to the tune

Easy fixes. Get a fmic and drive it in manual mode if you don't have the dsg tune [emoji4][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinT

Ready to race!
I put Revo Stg. 1 on my car at 40k miles and currently at 129k miles, with no issues with upgraded plugs and R8 coils every 30-35k miles. The tune has been great so far but it hasn't been without issues.

1. If you don't have a DSG tune (like me), driving in auto becomes frustrating. When you want 50% acceleration, the DSG kicks down to many gears and accelerates as if you are at 100% throttle. This is strictly a DSG issue.

2. In 80F+ degrees w/ AC...the tune cuts timing...A LOT. But you get use to it and learn how to match your driving style to the tune

That's what happens with my Neuspeed power module, except around 70+ degrees. For some reason, it's always after a 2-3 shift.(6 Speed Manual)

JustinT

Ready to race!
Reviving the thread, just got the Revo Stage I tune done today. Couldn’t pass up the offer, no labor charge. Going to use the extra momey and get the coils/plugs. It’s been raining but the car pulls nice and hard, very happy

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Reviving the thread, just got the Revo Stage I tune done today. Couldn’t pass up the offer, no labor charge. Going to use the extra momey and get the coils/plugs. It’s been raining but the car pulls nice and hard, very happy

you got it @ KMD ?

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Ah that’s crazy, small world.

What were you getting done?

Had a boost leak and another highly known shop stated I needed a new turbo which I knew was false. I always go to KMD but since it was closer to my house I went there. They first stated it was a hose which I knew then stated I needed a whole turbo replacement. Went to KMD and as stated it was a hose that goes to the N75 valve that controls boost pressure. I couldn’t recommend KMD tuning enough, great guys. Some shops are ran by POS people. For everyone I hope they know a little about cars so they don’t get taken for a ride by those shops.

Last edited:

JustinT

Ready to race!
Had a boost leak and another highly known shop stated I needed a new turbo which I knew was false. I always go to KMD but since it was closer to my house I went there. They first stated it was a hose which I knew then stated I needed a whole turbo replacement. Went to KMD and as stated it was a hose that goes to the N75 valve that controls boost pressure. I couldn’t recommend KMD tuning enough, great guys. Some shops are ran by POS people. For everyone I hope they know a little about cars so they don’t get taken for a ride by those shops.

Ah got it, I heard about them through google and they had great reviews. Drove a little over an hour north to get to KMD Tuning. Glad your car got fixed and for a reasonable problem. Your car is clean, was looking at it prior to walking inside the door haha.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Definitely get those R8 red top coil packs in there. My stock coil packs blew out shortly after the Revo tune. The tuner told me that Revo uses a lot of juice from the coils.

JustinT

Ready to race!
Definitely get those R8 red top coil packs in there. My stock coil packs blew out shortly after the Revo tune. The tuner told me that Revo uses a lot of juice from the coils.

Thanks for the advice! I ordered the plugs/coils off Amazon so they should be coming tomorrow.

unie01

interesting thread, I too was having the same problem