GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removed my FX 400

Halvie

WOOSA
Southbend put together a custom setup for me. Stage 4 pressure plate (holds over 550wtq) and a 8 puck disk (mixed material). It drives better then my fx400 and SB stage 3 endurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Does it look like the disc in my build thread? You don't have issues with reverse?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
God these 400s are dropping like flies. I know a few people on mkv that have them (all tsi) and every one has taken a shit. Not just people here.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
**UPDATE**

I have been speaking with clutch masters over the last 2 days about fx400 failure. We have come to an agreement to have the clutch rebuilt to the FX 350 model. I did not get details as to what goes into this rebuild process but I will have a rebuilt fx 350 in the near future.

I have decided to stick with the install of the HS Tuning RSR kit. I am looking forward to the oem DMFW when it comes to no chatter.

With that, once i get the fx350 in my possession, it will go up for sale. I will post it in the classifieds at that time but if you are interested prior to that, please shoot me a PM.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
**UPDATE**

We have come to an agreement to have the clutch rebuilt to the FX 350 model. I did not get details as to what goes into this rebuild process but I will have a rebuilt fx 350 in the near future.

They will machine the pressure plate surface and flywheel surface, and swap out a new clutch disk. They did mine for like $325. If this one craps out there will be hell to pay.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
They will machine the pressure plate surface and flywheel surface, and swap out a new clutch disk. They did mine for like $325. If this one craps out there will be hell to pay.

sounds good. well, once i get it back, this rebuilt kit will be up on the market to purchase.

i hope this one works out for you as well. the fx350 seems to be a better pick which is why i am having this one rebuilt to that model so it would be more attractive to fellow members.

patarch

Ready to race!
About 12k miles on mine and still holding strong.

patarch

Ready to race!
Note that the rebuild to 350 seems to indicate to me that they believe people are slipping the clutches too much and are going with something a bit more amenable to that.

This is simply a theory.

Not a bad theory.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Note that the rebuild to 350 seems to indicate to me that they believe people are slipping the clutches too much and are going with something a bit more amenable to that.

This is simply a theory.

that is exactly whats happening. I don't know why they used a pucked disc in the first place.. they grab way too quickly to be smooth for street driving. You need a full face for a street clutch since it won't have as much pad pressure. You'd want a pucked setup for track use since it will grab hard and not let go, but on the street you need to be able to slip it some