GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 1.8/2.0T EA113/EA888 Gen 1 Cast Downpipe Exhaust System!

Evan@APR

Banned
Arin - if you have an issue with my post I will happily discuss it like gentleman in public. I have given you nothing but opportunities to do the right thing over the years and this is another one I extend to you!

PMing other people won't get you anywhere and I want answers, publically.

Manners, Bender. You can reach me at elight@goapr.com or 334.502.5181 if you want to discuss your concerns like a gentleman. Thank you.

Bender1

Banned
Not sure how wanting to discuss things openly is an issue of 'manners.' To me this seems to be more obfuscation from APR on an issue of concern. APR flushed all credibility down the drain by not living up to their own standards then never owning up to the issue like adults. Now I will treat them how I treat any other vendor that I don't trust (unlike the good old days where Arin could say he wanted and we generally thought it was accurate and reliable).

My role here is to protect our members, not to protect our vendors.

I look forward to you guys discussing the QC you have in place and how you will be guaranteeing your customers get what they pay for.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Manners, Bender. You can reach me at elight@goapr.com or 334.502.5181 if you want to discuss your concerns like a gentleman. Thank you.

I don't see how asking for proof of claims is bad manners, especially with the history behind RSC and other claims.

How about answering the question:
How do we know that it is a 400 cell cat since we can't see inside it and APR has previously provided products that did not match their advertising?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Not sure how wanting to discuss things openly is an issue of 'manners.' To me this seems to be more obfuscation from APR on an issue of concern. APR flushed all credibility down the drain by not living up to their own standards then never owning up to the issue like adults. Now I will treat them how I treat any other vendor that I don't trust (unlike the good old days where Arin could say he wanted and we generally thought it was accurate and reliable).

I look forward to you guys discussing the QC you have in place and how you will be guaranteeing your customers get what they pay for.

Here here.

razr390

Go Kart Champion

He's not the hero golfmk6 wants. He's the hero golfmk6 needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

To me this sounds like you are afraid to say anything public, so you just say some lame thing like you did to try to make Bender look bad when he was trying to give APR an opportunity to give potential customers peace of mind.

I see APR STILL thinks they can get by on name alone.

Time will tell. Arrogance always catches up with you.

Last edited:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
To me this sounds like you are afraid to say anything public, so you just say some lame thing lime you did to try to make Bender look bad when he was trying to give APR an opportunity to give potential customers peace of mind.

I see APR STILL thinks they can get by on name alone.

Time will tell. Arrogance always catches up with you.

Now now, gents. APR no longer engages in public pissing matches.

APR said:
APR is working to avoid internet arguments.

However, weeing on each other in private is fair game.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Interesting to see the switch to cast pieces. Is the casting done in house or by a second party? What thickness is the cast piece throughout the pipe? What sort of long-term stress testing have y'all done on these cast pieces? What sort of heat cycle testing have y'all done on the piece? Where else in the aftermarket automotive world have cast post turbo exhaust systems been implemented?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Interesting to see the switch to cast pieces. Is the casting done in house or by a second party?

All of our castings are done externally. It's a very dirty and dangerous process we'll never do internally.

What thickness is the cast piece throughout the pipe?

The nominal wall thickness is 2.55mm.

What sort of long-term stress testing have y'all done on these cast pieces? What sort of heat cycle testing have y'all done on the piece?

We've had them for over a year and a half on vehicles up to stage 3, and have participated in track events with the components installed at the highest HP levels we offer. The max R is an example of this on our upcoming stage 3 versions.

Where else in the aftermarket automotive world have cast post turbo exhaust systems been implemented?

We started using cast downpipes on our stage 3 kits all the way back in 2002.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
All of our castings are done externally. It's a very dirty and dangerous process we'll never do internally.

The nominal wall thickness is 2.55mm.

We've had them for over a year and a half on vehicles up to stage 3, and have participated in track events with the components installed at the highest HP levels we offer. The max R is an example of this.

We started using cast downpipes on our stage 3 kits all the way back in 2002.

Thank you for the timely reply, good stuff :thumbsup: never personally had a bad experience with APR.

WOW.. APR deleted my post or had the mods remove it?

can someone confirm?

Shows APR does not like constructive criticism or negative feedback. I was simply asking a mass amout of questions about how their said cast-down pipe is so much better over the stainless steel DP? flow rate advantages, and what percent better.

Has to be "GOOD" for their price point?

Mods -- please show the public my original post with my questions. I seen nothing wrong with what I was asking.

Just because APR is only one to market a cast-DP they get full control of information?

corydd

Go Kart Champion
WOW.. APR deleted my post or had the mods remove it?

can someone confirm?

Shows APR does not like constructive criticism or negative feedback. I was simply asking a mass amout of questions about how their said cast-down pipe is so much better over the stainless steel DP? flow rate advantages, and what percent better.

Has to be "GOOD" for their price point?

Mods -- please show the public my original post with my questions. I seen nothing wrong with what I was asking.

Just because APR is only one to market a cast-DP they get full control of information?

APR can't delete posts and if you can't tell from the posts above, mods wouldn't delete your post if APR asked them to. EDIT: Your post is still on page 2 dude. Calm down and at least look before you jump to APR conspiracies like everyone else on this forum.

Arin, did you see my question regarding the new 400 cell cat and emissions? Will it make it easier to pass compared to the previous version?

phant0m

Ready to race!