GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #29
Norvix
Ready to race!
 
Norvix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW MK6 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21
I've personally never been a big fan of any generation gt-r as I simply just find them over-hyped and, for the majority at least (other than a small demographic of actual enthusiasts), the wet dream of a 15 year old who just saw f&f for the first time and hopping on the fanboy wagon. if I were to keep my mk6 and pick up a weekend project it would be between an E46 M3 or maybe a supra depending what I could find locally in my area.
Norvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #30
DUBPL8
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
DUBPL8's Avatar
 
Drives: A really fast 4 door S14
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 11,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvix View Post
I've personally never been a big fan of any generation gt-r as I simply just find them over-hyped and, for the majority at least (other than a small demographic of actual enthusiasts), the wet dream of a 15 year old who just saw f&f for the first time and hopping on the fanboy wagon. if I were to keep my mk6 and pick up a weekend project it would be between an E46 M3 or maybe a supra depending what I could find locally in my area.
Uh they don't call it Godzilla for nothing.
__________________
Ex-MK6 owner
JZX90 Mark II Tourer V
JZS149 Crown Majesta Type B
JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
DUBPL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #31
Norvix
Ready to race!
 
Norvix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW MK6 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21
Mk7.5 r or skyline r32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
Uh they don't call it Godzilla for nothing.


Well firstly everyone has their own opinions and tastes, I was simply stating mine.I cannot attest to the previous generations, but I have been in two R35ís (a 2012 and the revised 2017) and I just simply wasnít impressed at the price point at all.

Edit: also forgot to add that Iím not sure about the American market but here in Canada r32-34ís are ridiculously priced between $80,000- 150,000 which is just laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Norvix; 02-11-2018 at 03:16 AM.
Norvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #32
DUBPL8
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
DUBPL8's Avatar
 
Drives: A really fast 4 door S14
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 11,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvix View Post
Well firstly everyone has their own opinions and tastes, I was simply stating mine.I cannot attest to the previous generations, but I have been in two R35ís (a 2012 and the revised 2017) and I just simply wasnít impressed at the price point at all.
R35 isn't a Skyline

Quote:
Edit: also forgot to add that Iím not sure about the American market but here in Canada r32-34ís are ridiculously priced between $80,000- 150,000 which is just laughable.
Do you consider the values of air-cooled Porsche 911 Turbo's to be laughable as well?
__________________
Ex-MK6 owner
JZX90 Mark II Tourer V
JZS149 Crown Majesta Type B
JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
DUBPL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #33
Norvix
Ready to race!
 
Norvix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW MK6 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
R35 isn't a Skyline







Do you consider the values of air-cooled Porsche 911 Turbo's to be laughable as well?


The fact that you even compare the two... The only reason the skylines are priced so ridiculously is due to the importation laws. Either way this has gone far off base from the OP so Iíll end this here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #34
DUBPL8
FIA Formula 1 Champion
 
DUBPL8's Avatar
 
Drives: A really fast 4 door S14
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 11,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvix View Post
The fact that you even compare the two... The only reason the skylines are priced so ridiculously is due to the importation laws. Either way this has gone far off base from the OP so I’ll end this here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh right, because R33 and R34 GTR's are clearly legal for US import already...

And it was a comparison in values because a 993 Turbo commands more money than any water-cooled 911 while the R34 GTR still pulls insane money at Japanese auctions than a Nissan GTR.
__________________
Ex-MK6 owner
JZX90 Mark II Tourer V
JZS149 Crown Majesta Type B
JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
DUBPL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #35
Norvix
Ready to race!
 
Norvix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW MK6 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
Oh right, because R33 and R34 GTR's are clearly legal for US import already...

And it was a comparison in values because a 993 Turbo commands more money than any water-cooled 911 while the R34 GTR still pulls insane money at Japanese auctions than a Nissan GTR.


As Iíve previously stated I am in Canada so I would have no idea as to your guys importation laws. The price range I mentioned was based off the 4 gtrís within my province that are currently listed (two r32ís and two r34ís). Now if you would like to stop hijacking the OPís thread you can pm me if youíre still butt hurt about the subject.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norvix is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.