GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 02-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #29
Norvix
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 CW MK6 GTI
I've personally never been a big fan of any generation gt-r as I simply just find them over-hyped and, for the majority at least (other than a small demographic of actual enthusiasts), the wet dream of a 15 year old who just saw f&f for the first time and hopping on the fanboy wagon. if I were to keep my mk6 and pick up a weekend project it would be between an E46 M3 or maybe a supra depending what I could find locally in my area.
Norvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #30
DUBPL8
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: A really fast 4 door S14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvix View Post
I've personally never been a big fan of any generation gt-r as I simply just find them over-hyped and, for the majority at least (other than a small demographic of actual enthusiasts), the wet dream of a 15 year old who just saw f&f for the first time and hopping on the fanboy wagon. if I were to keep my mk6 and pick up a weekend project it would be between an E46 M3 or maybe a supra depending what I could find locally in my area.
Uh they don't call it Godzilla for nothing.
JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
DUBPL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #31
Norvix
Ready to race!

Mk7.5 r or skyline r32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
Uh they don't call it Godzilla for nothing.

Well firstly everyone has their own opinions and tastes, I was simply stating mine.I cannot attest to the previous generations, but I have been in two R35ís (a 2012 and the revised 2017) and I just simply wasnít impressed at the price point at all.

Edit: also forgot to add that Iím not sure about the American market but here in Canada r32-34ís are ridiculously priced between $80,000- 150,000 which is just laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Norvix; 02-11-2018 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #32
DUBPL8
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Well firstly everyone has their own opinions and tastes, I was simply stating mine.I cannot attest to the previous generations, but I have been in two R35ís (a 2012 and the revised 2017) and I just simply wasnít impressed at the price point at all.
R35 isn't a Skyline

Quote:
Edit: also forgot to add that Iím not sure about the American market but here in Canada r32-34ís are ridiculously priced between $80,000- 150,000 which is just laughable.
Do you consider the values of air-cooled Porsche 911 Turbo's to be laughable as well?
JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
Old 02-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #33
Norvix
Ready to race!

Quote:
R35 isn't a Skyline

Do you consider the values of air-cooled Porsche 911 Turbo's to be laughable as well?

The fact that you even compare the two... The only reason the skylines are priced so ridiculously is due to the importation laws. Either way this has gone far off base from the OP so Iíll end this here.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #34
DUBPL8
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
The fact that you even compare the two... The only reason the skylines are priced so ridiculously is due to the importation laws. Either way this has gone far off base from the OP so I’ll end this here.

Oh right, because R33 and R34 GTR's are clearly legal for US import already...

And it was a comparison in values because a 993 Turbo commands more money than any water-cooled 911 while the R34 GTR still pulls insane money at Japanese auctions than a Nissan GTR.
JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
Old 02-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #35
Norvix
Ready to race!

Quote:
Oh right, because R33 and R34 GTR's are clearly legal for US import already...

And it was a comparison in values because a 993 Turbo commands more money than any water-cooled 911 while the R34 GTR still pulls insane money at Japanese auctions than a Nissan GTR.

As Iíve previously stated I am in Canada so I would have no idea as to your guys importation laws. The price range I mentioned was based off the 4 gtrís within my province that are currently listed (two r32ís and two r34ís). Now if you would like to stop hijacking the OPís thread you can pm me if youíre still butt hurt about the subject.