GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #15
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
I put Revo Stg. 1 on my car at 40k miles and currently at 129k miles, with no issues with upgraded plugs and R8 coils every 30-35k miles. The tune has been great so far but it hasn't been without issues.

1. If you don't have a DSG tune (like me), driving in auto becomes frustrating. When you want 50% acceleration, the DSG kicks down to many gears and accelerates as if you are at 100% throttle. This is strictly a DSG issue.

2. In 80F+ degrees w/ AC...the tune cuts timing...A LOT. But you get use to it and learn how to match your driving style to the tune
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #16
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
I put Revo Stg. 1 on my car at 40k miles and currently at 129k miles, with no issues with upgraded plugs and R8 coils every 30-35k miles. The tune has been great so far but it hasn't been without issues.

1. If you don't have a DSG tune (like me), driving in auto becomes frustrating. When you want 50% acceleration, the DSG kicks down to many gears and accelerates as if you are at 100% throttle. This is strictly a DSG issue.

2. In 80F+ degrees w/ AC...the tune cuts timing...A LOT. But you get use to it and learn how to match your driving style to the tune

Easy fixes. Get a fmic and drive it in manual mode if you don't have the dsg tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #17
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post

That's what happens with my Neuspeed power module, except around 70+ degrees. For some reason, it's always after a 2-3 shift.(6 Speed Manual)
JustinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:54 AM   #18
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Reviving the thread, just got the Revo Stage I tune done today. Couldn’t pass up the offer, no labor charge. Going to use the extra momey and get the coils/plugs. It’s been raining but the car pulls nice and hard, very happy
Old 02-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #19
Slowgti08
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2008 VW GTI Uni K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinT View Post
Reviving the thread, just got the Revo Stage I tune done today. Couldn’t pass up the offer, no labor charge. Going to use the extra momey and get the coils/plugs. It’s been raining but the car pulls nice and hard, very happy

you got it @ KMD ?

Slowgti08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #20
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowgti08 View Post
you got it @ KMD ?

Yes I did, great service. How’d you know?
Old 02-25-2018, 12:13 AM   #21
Slowgti08
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Yes I did, great service. How’d you know?

I was there getting some work done on my car as well.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:09 AM   #22
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
I was there getting some work done on my car as well.

Oh, were you the guy sitting next to me and my friend? GTI with R32 bumper?
Old 02-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #23
Slowgti08
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Oh, were you the guy sitting next to me and my friend? GTI with R32 bumper?

Yup

Old 02-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #24
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Yup

Ah that’s crazy, small world.
What were you getting done?
Old 02-25-2018, 05:22 PM   #25
Slowgti08
Touring Car Newbie

Revo Stage I thoughts

Quote:
Ah that’s crazy, small world.

What were you getting done?

Had a boost leak and another highly known shop stated I needed a new turbo which I knew was false. I always go to KMD but since it was closer to my house I went there. They first stated it was a hose which I knew then stated I needed a whole turbo replacement. Went to KMD and as stated it was a hose that goes to the N75 valve that controls boost pressure. I couldn’t recommend KMD tuning enough, great guys. Some shops are ran by POS people. For everyone I hope they know a little about cars so they don’t get taken for a ride by those shops.

Last edited by Slowgti08; 02-25-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #26
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Had a boost leak and another highly known shop stated I needed a new turbo which I knew was false. I always go to KMD but since it was closer to my house I went there. They first stated it was a hose which I knew then stated I needed a whole turbo replacement. Went to KMD and as stated it was a hose that goes to the N75 valve that controls boost pressure. I couldn’t recommend KMD tuning enough, great guys. Some shops are ran by POS people. For everyone I hope they know a little about cars so they don’t get taken for a ride by those shops.

Ah got it, I heard about them through google and they had great reviews. Drove a little over an hour north to get to KMD Tuning. Glad your car got fixed and for a reasonable problem. Your car is clean, was looking at it prior to walking inside the door haha.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #27
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Definitely get those R8 red top coil packs in there. My stock coil packs blew out shortly after the Revo tune. The tuner told me that Revo uses a lot of juice from the coils.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #28
JustinT
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Definitely get those R8 red top coil packs in there. My stock coil packs blew out shortly after the Revo tune. The tuner told me that Revo uses a lot of juice from the coils.

Thanks for the advice! I ordered the plugs/coils off Amazon so they should be coming tomorrow.