GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Good to know! How was the install?

And here's the big surprise... Too excited. Been wanting these for like 2 years lol. Have NEVER seen them in person but boy initial impression are:

DECENT quality, for the price of course.

They feel super solid, and like they weigh right around 25-30 lbs as advertised. I will weigh them and the stock seats tomorrow when I install.

The 'leather' does feel nice, soft, leathery and hopefully durable. Really hoping now creases/tears/scuffs occur but we shall see

Great construction. No loose threads, misfitment, xyz. They LOOK top notch. The read leather is quite red, the red stitching is not so red (little light) and the carbon fiber bits feel a bit rubbery.

And finally, the hardest thing I was trying to ascertain pouring through review vids: they are decently comfy. Stiff, yes, but a little bit of plush as well. They fit my 36" waist perfectly and the legs are tight but boy, not bad at all. I'm sure long drives could change my mind but for a weekend toy these are kick-ass!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Not to shabby!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks! Closest thing I could find that looked like the euro golf r seats I fap to regularly, again for the money lol.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Stock plaid seats are clocking in at about 48 lbs.

New seats 30 lbs with hardware and mounting brackets

And the rear larger seat back clocks in at 40lbs.

So removing that and replacing the seats I'm down ~80 lbs! Not bad at all.

Also dropped the spare tire, forget the weight, went lightweight battery so maybe down around 160 all in all with other lightweight exhaust, and ect components considered!

Jaber

Modero
Nice seats!

Headunit install was easy, plug and play. Maybe check with Eonon if there are any updates for the headunit. Mine needed an update to resolve an issue, it would lose audio if you tried to run Pandora/Spotify and any mapping system. I would have to close out maps and launch the music app. But if I opened maps app (WAZE/Google Maps), audio would go out again. Sucks that I had already went through the whole setup, configured it and downloaded the apps, only to do it all over again lol...

Get their anti glare thing, works pretty good. Otherwise in the summer, it can be hard to see the screen.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the tips!!

Took all day to install. The planted mounting brackets needed trimming to allow the floor bolts to go through. Disassembling the stock seats to get the seatbelts and wiring and passenger occupancy bladder sensor was a nightmare. Had to go to the hardware store like 3 times because I didn't receive any hardware at all lol.

But they are in with no issues complete! And I'm digging! Bye-bye plaids!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thank you! I'm so happy right now haha

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Thank you! I'm so happy right now haha
Very sick. Tell us the truth you know your sitting in them right now just parked in the garage lol

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Very sick. Tell us the truth you know your sitting in them right now just parked in the garage lol

Hahahhahahaha this. How are the side bolsters? The plaid ones in my car are weak AF, looked at getting new seats soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Haha. I def sat in them for a few yesterday true true

Side bpulsters are pretty agressive, you actually feel the shoulder support more than the side bolsters. The legs are pretty stight but it all fits my 5-11", 36" waist body pretty well. They are indeed stiff but so far I wouldnt call them uncomfortable for weekend car duty at least. Long trips you might want to consider a purple© seat cushion haha

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
New beefier sway bar endlinks all around + 24mm h&r rear sway transofrmed the ride and turning in characteristics of my car! So happy right now with this car over all. Will get an alignment and may get a little camber up front this week.

Again, beware of the superpros endlinks... No pic but the boots were all torn after less than 10k of medium use.

what endlink are those? any noise from them at all?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ding ding! yes, they are supposed to be a little more durable 'heavy duty' than stock. So far, no noise at all, car feels soooo much better than right before swapping them out. less road noise, less harsh going over bumps, less clanking.